Yellow | CB's

serta

TB Veteran
Credits
Just curious as to what cb's you all have. What type, how many whats, what bells and whistles. Curious as to what the wiring on our posts wil take. Looking at that new galaxay 95.

In KC alot of us use the General Lee, its a pretty tuff radio and most of the time we can talk 8-10 miles apart. Its got upper and lower channels, echo and reverb, and the lights aren't annoying at night....put alligator clips on your power cord you will be able to hook up to power in all trucks quickly.

Just curious as to what cb's you all have. What type, how many whats, what bells and whistles. Curious as to what the wiring on our posts wil take. Looking at that new galaxay 95.

Unless your transfering out of 120, you might want to rethink about buying a New CB.:hysterical: :biglaugh:

Old Liberty Bell out of Valdosta was the last Big R I was able to talk with on a CB ! Those Gen. Lee are really good, and the Galaxy 95T is POWERFUL , if you can get enough amps (about 30 amps @ 12V.D.C) to operate it. I don't know how much current you can get there. Oh yeah those guys who own the Magnums & Connex get good service too. The tech who sets it up for you in the first place has alot to do with how good it works for you.

Old Liberty Bell out of Valdosta was the last Big R I was able to talk with on a CB ! Those Gen. Lee are really good, and the Galaxy 95T is POWERFUL , if you can get enough amps (about 30 amps @ 12V.D.C) to operate it. I don't know how much current you can get there. Oh yeah those guys who own the Magnums & Connex get good service too. The tech who sets it up for you in the first place has alot to do with how good it works for you.

Yeah it pumps out 200 watts from what I'm reading. The 95t that is. Will our electrical wires handle that?

If I'm not mistaken, I think most of the shops use a little heavier wire than what comes stock on the tractors. A stock CB power source will usually handle about 20 amps max. But, I think the shops have been using a larger wire than that .

Hey Serta, I hope you are getting that radio at a really good price, Oh and thanks for checking with me about what i would charge to get and set up that radio. I personally would run the Galaxy 48T it has about the same output as the 95 but it's cheaper. Now I am sure that you are doing your homework on this one before just running out and buying such a costly radio.Anyway good luck with what ever you choose.:1036316054:

Oh, and the wire that comes with either of those radio's is about an 8 guage wire so it will work just fine in our trucks, besides even though our dash post are set up at 20 amps you probably won't pull but around 20 amps, That is why by the way you see paper clips between the 2 pos. post and the same on the negs. the drivers are trying increase the amps by doubling up on the source.And I don't think you are gonna be running that radio cranked wide open all the time anyway. If you plan to,:1036316054: then also plan to spend alot more money and time at the CB shop getting repairs like finals and such...10-4

Oh, and the wire that comes with either of those radio's is about an 8 guage wire so it will work just fine in our trucks, besides even though our dash post are set up at 20 amps you probably won't pull but around 20 amps, That is why by the way you see paper clips between the 2 pos. post and the same on the negs. the drivers are trying increase the amps by doubling up on the source.And I don't think you are gonna be running that radio cranked wide open all the time anyway. If you plan to,:1036316054: then also plan to spend alot more money and time at the CB shop getting repairs like finals and such...10-4

When you coming back so I can get that certain item from you.

I'm using two tin cans and a piece of string.
I've got an old coat hanger for an antenna.

:hysterical:

Galaxy 88. I had a connex 133 high power till someone else wanted it.
I think Connex has the best sounding echo / re-verb.
It is also a pretty tough radio.
I got it from Loner, I still miss it.