XPO | CCX employees vs Conway freight employees

Bottom line here folks, beer is happy. Good for him. I'm truly glad hat he has the run he wants and is able to justify the inequalities in pay and the general lowering of overall opportunity for drivers because he makes "good money". I've never said we don't make good money. We could make better and that's why I don't understand his mentality. If we pushed back for better benefits and compensation in line with the rest of the company he would benefit as well. And the ability to hang on until you get x number of years seniority and then you'll get the run you want is gone. They keep cutting and cutting on runs and before you know it, there won't be anything left. The long term reward is gone.

I'd be happy if I made a million$/year. But, I'm satified with the compensation I get for the level of responsibility that I have. And no, I don't have the run I want. I don't have enough seniority. What else you want me to do?

I don't necessarily disagree with rat..just tired of beating the same ol' dead horse. LTL business is not what it was 20 years ago. You change with it, adapt to changes or get left behind. If it gets to a point where I can't make a good living here, I'll go elsewhere. But I don't think that will happen anytime soon. The company made good money last year..stock is way up (yesterday), and I think wages will go up soon, despite what the union people say.. they're dreaming if they think our wages will go down if their's does. Delusional thoughts.

agreed,if that were the case wouldnt we already have taken our 4$ paycut?i still walk past these tractors of the companies in trouble and they still idle them while making a pickup wich to me is absurd,and inside my pea sized brain im thinking why ?why ?if a tractor isnt in motion ,sitting in traffic or otherwise would a driver choose to burn expensive deisel when he has to be aware that his company is in financial crisis?that is definitely off topic but if 2 guys are picking up the same freight at the same price going to the same delivery point and one idles his tractor and one doesnt ,wich company has made more$?in one case im sure its just a few pennies but if it happens at 20 city stops a day with a couple thousand tractors just so some chubby driver can jump into a comfy tractor,doesnt make sense to me.so again in my pea sized brain i have to think they dont care about the company they work for,i for one do care about mine,company suck up no,father of 2 who needs his company to be sucessful yes.

I can remember when I was a noob. I didn't like it but I was looking long term. We had a pension, sick days,free insurance, a real vacation plan, management that cared about drivers, a pay plan that was one of the best in the business. What does the noob have today ?

Poor Doug

Maybe Dougie will take less than his 6.5 million a yr
I have a question...

What happens when there is nothing left to take from the employees?

How is the "Doug" going to show favorable margins when there is nothing left to steal from the rank and file?

What happens then??...

This company has been claiming profits through benefits cuts for years...BSing WS...the investors...and screwing the people who helped build the company.

Dougie has been lying to the American financial markets for years...think Enron.

Year one...steal from the employees...show a profit...

Year two steal more from the employees...show a profit...

Year three...more of the same...

A variation of the Ponzi scheme.

I think you get the picture...

"Gotta be our own bank" & "We're Back!!!"

Right...

Rat