Yellow | CDO is holding back loads

Hard Charger

TB Lurker
Credits
I was told by a dispatcher personally to my face that central dispatch is purposley holding back loads. Even time critical loads are being put on hold and if they are late they are free to the customer. Why would a company that keeps saying we are fighting back against the competition do such a stupid thing as holding back freight that cost the company money? I have been with yellow (YRC) for 10 years at the dallas terminal and I am sick of the B.S.:****:

I myself can confirm that CDO is holding loads.This has been going on way before the hurricane.Hard parking tractors just to name a few.I try not to let it bother me.

I'm a hostler @ KCM (326) and see this every day, loads upon loads just sitting. I try very hard to not let it get to me but occasionally I'll ask about them and it ends up in a shouting match. The latest was Saturday, asked about a long box sitting behind the shop. Was told it was a Omaha load and not due till Tuesday, I replied, Omaha is less than 200 miles away and we cant get it there till Tuesday (it had been sitting there for a coupla days)? How in the hell can we be competitive with these kinda of route times? It got pretty ugly.

:popcorn:I do know we were picking up freight FedEx was refusing to take in the Northeast corridor. One of their peddle guys showed me a list of all the zip codes they refused to pick up for.

Got loads here sitting with generators that can't get into the tri-state area, thought this friday we would get slam with freight but 135 didn't run at us. Monday CDO will turn it lose and ram everything they got down our throats IMOP

In Chicago (309) we move the freight fast and with our new drop pad abilities turn drivers and through drivers do not wait.Now with Mike Willard we are creating new possibilities for the company and the employees and customers. Our stewards are newly elected and we also have a new BA that understands what the labor needs to do thier job faster and safer.Our terminal has the best mix of yard dock and local. All said the last few months look good! New bids too!

In Chicago (309) we move the freight fast and with our new drop pad abilities turn drivers and through drivers do not wait.Now with Mike Willard we are creating new possibilities for the company and the employees and customers. Our stewards are newly elected and we also have a new BA that understands what the labor needs to do thier job faster and safer.Our terminal has the best mix of yard dock and local. All said the last few months look good! New bids too!
But do ya have a new roof? :shrug: JK

I like that cooperation at 309.At 511 its spotty at best.CDO still tells 511 to hold loads.Gets backed up.then when we move some of it.We run out of tractors and then we sit.

either you're a suck az or brown noser. 309 is the anal orifice of YRC