Cell Phone/Static Electricity Safety

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Much has been spoken of the risks involving the use of mobile phones at gas stations. Here, the situation was even more serious because the employee was preparing the truck for the unloading of fuel and opened the mouth of truck tank and illuminated the interior with his phone (observe when he takes the phone of the pocket).
Well, phones are not explosion-proof equipment, a small spark generated by the press of the key was sufficient. His clothes caught fire by being impregnated with fumes from gasoline. He died three days later. Note that the hose was already connected to the underground tank.

Cell Phone Safety

More Cell Phone fires:

Why we shouldn't use cell phones at gas stations

A Cell Phone and Static Electricity

OMG that is horrible, I would not of though that a cell phone would spark like that..me my self In winter I have a problem with spaking things but never my cell.....

YIKES!!! something we all take forgranted,just never really thinking our little phones can be killers.

This brings to mind the thought of our government always wanting to make laws to protect us.
I know the government wants us to get rid of all of the guns we have in our homes.
Whats next?
Maybe cell phones?
I do know a lot of states are putting heavy fines on people using them while they are driving.

The next law maybe not having them outside your vehicle at gasoline filling stations?

You laugh,ok we will see what our government does if dangerous cell phone accidents continue.