Yellow | cell phone ticket

Has anyone actually been cited for using a cell phone while driving a commercial vehicle?

No ticket or even a written warning. I was stopped and told to get off the phone. (Indiana State Police) I was using a wired hands free.

When the new rule came out there was a COPY of a ticket from I believe Maricopa county to an ABF driver, one of our Coldwater sups had a friend at ABF and he said thats how he got the copy.

The copy of the ticket I seen in Az was for the full amount, and it was shortly after they instated the new law, they mightve gotten a little bit more lienent as time has went on.

Last week. He was mad because he came FLYING up behind me. I was passing another truck and I didn't get out of his way fast enough!:bowdown:
Did you quit YRC???? Otherwise I don't buy the passing story. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
1st violation in 3 years: up to $2,750 fine.
2nd violation in 3 years: up to $2,750 fine and 60 day suspension of CDL.
3rd violation in 3 years: up to $2,750 fine and 120 day suspension of CDL.
Only exception is a call to emergency responders.

1st violation in 3 years: up to $2,750 fine.
2nd violation in 3 years: up to $2,750 fine and 60 day suspension of CDL.
3rd violation in 3 years: up to $2,750 fine and 120 day suspension of CDL.
Only exception is a call to emergency responders.
Not in every state.....check out pa....

When the new rule came out there was a COPY of a ticket from I believe Maricopa county to an ABF driver, one of our Coldwater sups had a friend at ABF and he said thats how he got the copy.

Thats right....$2500 fine and the company was fined too. We did have a copy of the ticket posted on here somewhere.
Only an idiot would be holding a cellphone up to his ear while driving now days.....buy a blue parrot and keep on trucking!.....KK

City driver,not YRC, got pulled over at 469 & U.S. 30 in Ft. Wayne, IN last Wednesday in September. ISP officer told him what the violation was, driver said he had never heard of it--cop told him he needed to get out more. I told him what the fine could be-he started ranting and raving--gonna hire an attorney,blahblahblah. Told him he won't be able to afford one once he gets the manditory suspension he'll get from the company. The look on his face was priceless!!I'll find out the fine amount when I get back from vacation.

How many people have died from somone lighting a cigarette or looking down to change the radio station? Stupid law I think to pick on truck drivers.
Almost every time i get a call my "hands free device" requires some amount of attention whether it is reconnecting or changing which phone it is synced with or charging or dropping and needing to pick up off floor. All the while, my phone is right next to me and I'm not allowed to do the most obvious thing and simply answer the phone, have a brief conversation and get back to driving.:poster_oops::TR10driving03::regretful:

Almost every time i get a call my "hands free device" requires some amount of attention whether it is reconnecting or changing which phone it is synced with or charging or dropping and needing to pick up off floor. All the while, my phone is right next to me and I'm not allowed to do the most obvious thing and simply answer the phone, have a brief conversation and get back to driving.:poster_oops::TR10driving03::regretful:

Get a better headset. I have none of those problems you describe other than occasionally dropping the head set.