Yellow | Cellphone Ban For Truckers Inspires Mixed Options!

I can see the reasoning behind this law because Truckers are hauling tons of weight however what about the teenagers out there driving with little or no driving experience?......Make it a law for everyone and quit picking on just the Truck Drivers.....NUFF SAID

Put the damn phones down and learn something by listening to, "Coast to Coast" everynight with George!!!!!!!!
These people that call him have nothing on linehaul drivers! Call in and tell about all the UFOs that have buzzed you on the lonely interstate along with all your sightings of Sasquatch!
Maybe even tell him about how yrc teleports their exact express shipments!

I have one, but point is you are still not devoteing 100% attention to driving

You must not use it much then because it allows you to use all of your vision unlike holding the phone.... Let me ask you this, is grabbing the microphone and talking on the cb not allowing you to devote 100% to driving? Headset usage is much safer.

Just accept the fact that the probability of being involved in an accident, due to distraction on your part or the other guy, has greatly increased and goes with the territory. Don't worry, you might be lucky.

Chicago 309

There are alot of truckers out there who can barely get down the road on a good day., when they are on the phone its deadly .

You must not use it much then because it allows you to use all of your vision unlike holding the phone.... Let me ask you this, is grabbing the microphone and talking on the cb not allowing you to devote 100% to driving? Headset usage is much safer.
point when talking you only devote part of the time to driving dont use CB gave it up years ago to much BS

Have these people who make these laws and give there opinions ever bothered to measure the safety advantages of the cell phone when it is used with a good headset.
The advantages far outweigh any risks when a professional operates in touch with the world and has the knowledge and "COMON" sence to know when not to allow his phone to distract him.
I mean...."Lets be real here....we are not children and these people who are governing these issues sure have not shown me any level of competance at all in many many years!

I have one, but point is you are still not devoteing 100% attention to driving
Again, Anyone, How in the HELL is holding a phone to your ear any different than holding a C.B. mike to your mouth? While holding a cup -o- coffee? Did that for 30+ years and nobody said S^%T about it!

For the life of me I can't understand the obsession with having to "be in touch" constantly to the extent of walking around/driving, etc. with some device stuck in your ear! Whenever I see that I immediately think of someone walking their dog on a leash. That's what that electronic device really is - a "leash" someone else is holding. I like being "unavailable" and not having to respond to anyone whenever they want. Can't imagine how I survived this long in life without being available 24/7!! :duh:

Doesn't anyone remember the old adage - "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"?? :biglaugh:

Have these people who make these laws and give there opinions ever bothered to measure the safety advantages of the cell phone when it is used with a good headset.
The advantages far outweigh any risks when a professional operates in touch with the world and has the knowledge and "COMON" sence to know when not to allow his phone to distract him.
I mean...."Lets be real here....we are not children and these people who are governing these issues sure have not shown me any level of competance at all in many many years!

Are the police taking out the laptops from their cars also. Talk about 1) distracted driving and 2) cannot see through passenger window or mirror. And WE are dangerous??

Are the police taking out the laptops from their cars also. Talk about 1) distracted driving and 2) cannot see through passenger window or mirror. And WE are dangerous??[
/QUOTE] 10-04 0n the police laptops!.....my wife was a night receptionist and booking clerk for the regional police and I can tell you this.....When she needed to get a cop on patrol she almost always used the cell phone cause each cop is issued thier own and they don't have or use headsets. The reason for this is because its direct and the radio can be monitered by us pesky civilians!!!!