Yellow | Central States Ends 2010 with $19.9 Billion

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
The Central States Pension Fund’s Financial and Analytical Report for 2010 reveals that the fund is in just about the same shape as a year ago, with assets of $19.9 billion.

This is slightly higher, by about $300 million, than a year ago, thanks to the big run-up in the stock market. Central States made 14.4 percent on its investments in 2010, with a whopping 71 percent of assets in stocks.

The $2.5 billion made on investments more than offsets a $2.2 billion loss on operations. The big loss on operations results from a very low base of employer contributions, just $628 million in 2010. This weak position of employer contributions comes from the disastrous decision to allow UPS, by far the biggest employer, to exit the fund in January 2008. It also results from the fact that YRCW, the next biggest employer, is not contributing to the fund at this time...................

Central States Ends 2010 with $19.9 Billion | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

The Central States Pension Fund’s Financial and Analytical Report for 2010 reveals that the fund is in just about the same shape as a year ago, with assets of $19.9 billion.

This is slightly higher, by about $300 million, than a year ago, thanks to the big run-up in the stock market. Central States made 14.4 percent on its investments in 2010, with a whopping 71 percent of assets in stocks.

The $2.5 billion made on investments more than offsets a $2.2 billion loss on operations. The big loss on operations results from a very low base of employer contributions, just $628 million in 2010. This weak position of employer contributions comes from the disastrous decision to allow UPS, by far the biggest employer, to exit the fund in January 2008. It also results from the fact that YRCW, the next biggest employer, is not contributing to the fund at this time...................

Central States Ends 2010 with $19.9 Billion | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Y'all should delete this cause if the kenyan sees this he'll take it and give them a bunch of U.S. treasuries!
Anybody else think someone cashed in for letting UPS escape. What idiots in they're right mind would let their biggest contributor slip away!
Who would put 71% of their money in this stock market!

Y'all should delete this cause if the kenyan sees this he'll take it and give them a bunch of U.S. treasuries!
Anybody else think someone cashed in for letting UPS escape. What idiots in they're right mind would let their biggest contributor slip away!
Who would put 71% of their money in this stock market!

You know turbo, for a guy who is a registered sex offender and did time at Sing Sing you make sense now and then

You know turbo, for a guy who is a registered sex offender and did time at Sing Sing you make sense now and then

Yes, I certainly have offended a lot of the opposite sex over the years! Not registered yet though, to their dismay!

Considering the alternative scenario the bad economy has been offering up, and that YRC hasn't been paying in; I'm viewing this report as much, much, much better news than I ever expected!

Considering the alternative scenario the bad economy has been offering up, and that YRC hasn't been paying in; I'm viewing this report as much, much, much better news than I ever expected!
Hey, this is the YRC thread. No positive posting allowed.

The stock market is looking a year down the road and so is YRC