Yellow | CF saves Christmas!

COLKID

TB Veteran
Credits
Anyone else receive a check yesterday from the CF trust fund? After taxes mine was $101.00. Only question is will it be used against me by unemployment?

Merry Christmas

:clap:Well I won't know what to do with my $120. I know 1 guy who got $230. Woo Hoo I nice suprise.
:beerchug:​

Yes it will. Merry Christmas.:nutkick:

Well,I wish I had a answer for you on that but I can't get a live human to answer the phone at the unemployment office! I was planing on keeping it until after the first of the year anyway in the hopes of creating a little more accounting to be done. :biglaugh:

In Ohio, it would not count against you.

The criteria they use in Ohio is whether it was something earned in the week you get paid. Another example is vacation pay. If you had pre-scheduled vacation and were laid off, receiving the money in a paid unemployment week does not count against you because you did not earn the money during your week of unemployment, it was earned over time or in the past. If you request it while laid off, then it can affect you I believe.

You should ALWAYS call them to report it though. If they discover it somewhere else, they may shutoff your payments until it gets resolved.

ya better check with them and be sure. I was off 1 dollar on a partial I mailed in and they called it fraud with a two week suspension. Not kidding. I rounded up to the next highest dollar like you do at tax time

ya better check with them and be sure. I was off 1 dollar on a partial I mailed in and they called it fraud with a two week suspension. Not kidding. I rounded up to the next highest dollar like you do at tax time

Ok, thanks for the advice. I will keep trying to get a live human on the line before I cash the check. I am sure they do this on purpose to try and frustrate people and make them screw up so they lose money.

I emailed our unemployment about vacation pay due. They said that as long as I was not scheduled to work that week, I did not have to claim any pay out for vacation or sick days. It only counts if you were scheduled to work and chose to use a paid day instead. Of course I kept the email for backup.

Copy of the dialog with unemployment. Sorry you have to read from the bottom up for it to make sense.

RickUI Technician: That is correct.

Question:So because they are trying to clear their books I do not have to report this on my weekly reportings?

From: ui.info@state: You only need to report vacation pay during weeks when you request time off and receive the pay. If your employer is paying vacation pay that is due to you, you will not report that income.

Rick> UI Technican> vacation pay> > MESSAGE: my company owes me 3 weeks vacation pay. They want to pay it all out in 1 week. Do I claim this as 1 week pay or 3

What is the CF trust fund?

Some thing set up by the bankrupt court to pay people(or banks) money owed to them. Usually it is pennies on the dollar and takes a long time to get paid out. You folks were right, I was able to get a answer from unemployment that said this was money earned before this UE period.

Me either.....:(

I was thinking that some folks received a check a few years back that I did not get. Maybe that is the reason? Hope you do get one though. If you want I could post the phone# that came with the check. Merry Christmas fellow CF peeps!

I'll have to dig out the CF File and get a hold of the Law firm to see what's up. Just not something I feel like doing on Christmas Day!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!