Yellow | CFO Resigns to go to Con Way

underlying theme here

a while ago he was the subject of an artice in a trade publication on how bean counters have difficulty advancing by changing jobs.

looks like conway needed him more than us.

i aint gonna miss him and we'll see how the stock price goes today.

i wonder why conway needs a slash and burn guy like him?

What's Really Going On At YRCW?!

:chairshot:Maybe Steve knew too much about what is really going on at YRCW and didn't see eye to eye with Dollar Bill, or maybe he bailed out before the ship sinks? I'd like to know what he knows about what's REALLY going on at YRCW!:hide:

Not So Fast!

:hide:Rumor has it that CFO at Conway had some personal family issues, and had to accept a lower position with the company. Steve B. was then "recruited" away from YRCW to the CFO position at Conway. As far as my sources can tell, Steve's departure came as a complete suprise to Dollar Bill and his cronies, but he was NOT forced out. Conway must have offered him a "huge chunk of change" to leave! Let's see who Dollar Bill can scrape up as his replacement!:chairshot:

He can't be any worse than COO Dave M., can he? Personal family issues? really? My impression was that it was something totally different. But it's just an impression and not concrete details or evidence.

Big Bucks

:hide:Rumor has it that CFO at Conway had some personal family issues, and had to accept a lower position with the company. Steve B. was then "recruited" away from YRCW to the CFO position at Conway. As far as my sources can tell, Steve's departure came as a complete suprise to Dollar Bill and his cronies, but he was NOT forced out. Conway must have offered him a "huge chunk of change" to leave! Let's see who Dollar Bill can scrape up as his replacement!:chairshot:

He is reported to get a $150,000.00 sign on bonus and around $400,000.00 per year.

Traffic World OnLine - Trucking

Stock was only down $ 0.20 today not a biggie:1036316054:

Id Leave Also

The way that the dock is so empty at usf its a no brainer that he left. The usf trucks are cut down but u cant tell pulling a hill, because they don't have any freight on their backs.

maybe he saw our numbers, and after yrc cutting the pension from mgmnt. he thought there might not be much in the form of a raise in his future???????????????

I aint gonna miss him either.

a while ago he was the subject of an artice in a trade publication on how bean counters have difficulty advancing by changing jobs.

I have read this whole thread and am scratching my head , trying to figure out why I should care what this suit does?

Why Care?

I have read this whole thread and am scratching my head , trying to figure out why I should care what this suit does?

I guess my thinking was more along the lines of how Wall Street was going to react?

CFO's are key players in a Co even though they are more behind the scenes.

If one leaves suddenly it might be viewed as a sign of Co weakness or some other kind of trouble.
Thankfully, this wasn't the case here.:1036316054:

Just what kind of a guy is he? upstanding? takes care of the drivers? knows what he is doing? Or a bench warmer that can BS his way anywhere?

come on guys, everybody knows Phil Gains (Finance Officer) took the reigns as president for Yellow last month. There was no where else for Steve to advance...hello..

it don't bode well

If Steve was forced out do to negatives, what does this say for the holders at conway? Someone else needs a bean counter that may not be able to count too good? I don't know...just asking??? I doubt he is out because Yellow wanted him so terribly...I could be mistooken (I'm not a bean counter):biglaugh:... I do know how to count bullets...and we are missing one...:smilie_132:

maybe they're just "trading" jobs

He can't be any worse than COO Dave M., can he? Personal family issues? really? My impression was that it was something totally different. But it's just an impression and not concrete details or evidence.
Who knows, maybe yellow will get conways cfo?:biglaugh::hysterical: