FedEx Freight | cgx blown out

J

junglejim

what in the world is going on at cgx hub, there is way to much freight and not enough jeep people are missing their cut times as much as 2 hours and more unbeilvable, they have moved alot of frieght from cgt and the guys there are begging for work, who makes these kinds of decisions i ask, where is the management what are they doing what are they thinking, hello corporate wake up lets get the freight home so we can make service, lets keep the customer smiling

junglejim said:
what in the world is going on at cgx hub, there is way to much freight and not enough jeep people are missing their cut times as much as 2 hours and more unbeilvable, they have moved alot of frieght from cgt and the guys there are begging for work, who makes these kinds of decisions i ask, where is the management what are they doing what are they thinking, hello corporate wake up lets get the freight home so we can make service, lets keep the customer smiling
Freight flow analyst.

Pretty impressive title???? There supposed to balance out the lanes. But it seems to me they have drivers from the same domicile,running into two different hubs. The freight originates for the most part within 50 miles of hub A. But they will send it to hub B which is 200 miles farther away then hub A. Then hub A driver pulls an mty home and hub B driver is blown out. Then hub B has to cover the overage with via's or there drivers which in turn pull mtys back. There reasoning hub A is at capacity. Don't try to figure it out. You have to go college for years to get it. We just don't get the big picture. Just ask.:robot:

See kinda like this post. It don't make much sense.:wacko:

I don't see the big picture, but at SGF, most freight goes to CGT , either proper or group , very little is CGX proper. ????

Pompano said:
Freight flow analyst.

Pretty impressive title???? There supposed to balance out the lanes. But it seems to me they have drivers from the same domicile,running into two different hubs. The freight originates for the most part within 50 miles of hub A. But they will send it to hub B which is 200 miles farther away then hub A. Then hub A driver pulls an mty home and hub B driver is blown out. Then hub B has to cover the overage with via's or there drivers which in turn pull mtys back. There reasoning hub A is at capacity. Don't try to figure it out. You have to go college for years to get it. We just don't get the big picture. Just ask.:robot:

See kinda like this post. It don't make much sense.:wacko:
Htats strange but true,GBO sends Buf an Pos propers to Clt every night thats 94 miles south the wrong directionThen back up.they'er a big hub ,but they just put us in a 108 door center so some one tell me the reasoning?and thats just two right off the top of my head.

365Volare said:
I don't see the big picture, but at SGF, most freight goes to CGT , either proper or group , very little is CGX proper. ????

If it makes any sence it has alot to do with the type of hub it is, CGT is a system hub and CGX is more of a next day hub, meaning the majority of what goes into cgx nightly goes right back out that night, not much sits in the yard because thier daytime operation is more of a customer center operation than a hub operation. Just like the old fortwayne indiana center was.

fireplug said:
Htats strange but true,GBO sends Buf an Pos propers to Clt every night thats 94 miles south the wrong directionThen back up.they'er a big hub ,but they just put us in a 108 door center so some one tell me the reasoning?and thats just two right off the top of my head.

Prior to cgx becoming a hub again, all northern illinois points would send eachothers freight to lin (lincoln IL) , for instance ben (bensenville IL. now DPL) and LIB (libertyville IL.) are 35 miles apart and the freight would travel 180+ miles to lin and 180+ miles back again. People spend alot of time in college to figure this stuff out.

People spend alot of time in college to figure this stuff out.

Ya but go figure,,, I bet these educated idiots are making more than us,,, and never break a sweat... Such is this world... the less you do, the more you get paid.....

fireplug said:
I am not sure what the answer is to your question...BUT.. I run from Charlotte to Meet Pocono alot and the freight coming back down here AIN"T going to Greensboro..It is going to Charlotte and points south. So...MAYBE... It would not make sense for you guys to run that freight up THERE just to have to have someone from Charlotte come to Greensboro and get the Atlanta, Florida, Charlotte...etc.. freight and then bring it down to Charlotte.

When we pull through the gate at Charlotte ( on that lane) with southbound freight, there is usually a driver out at the gate waiting on us to grab it and go south to Atlanta. There's rarely a trailer in that lane going to GBO. I know this company does alot of strange looking things but sometimes it makes sense.

faithhope said:
Where is cgi trucker4cf?
Sorry, it's in Chicago.(my old cf days) The new terminal is just north of Chicago and west. It will be 101 doors with room to add 35 on I think 27 acres. I forget the name of the town it is in. The article is on the FXFE intranet. They broe ground last week.

Rattlesnake said:
I am not sure what the answer is to your question...BUT.. I run from Charlotte to Meet Pocono alot and the freight coming back down here AIN"T going to Greensboro..It is going to Charlotte and points south. So...MAYBE... It would not make sense for you guys to run that freight up THERE just to have to have someone from Charlotte come to Greensboro and get the Atlanta, Florida, Charlotte...etc.. freight and then bring it down to Charlotte.

When we pull through the gate at Charlotte ( on that lane) with southbound freight, there is usually a driver out at the gate waiting on us to grab it and go south to Atlanta. There's rarely a trailer in that lane going to GBO. I know this company does alot of strange looking things but sometimes it makes sense.
You do a Charlotte meet with Pocono? How many mile is that?