ABF | ch ch chaaaaaaaaange!

Credits
our t.m announced this morning that he received an email announcing a change of operations at 064, he didnt know if it involved road board, or local board... thats all i know for now....

There doesn't seem to be much interest on this topic but in case there is someone out there curious besides the the handful I can tell you that it's been confirmed that the 22 positions at Dayton are from the dock.

However, get ready. In two months there will be a system-wide COO for the road. Checkout the Fedex Freight forum under the thread "line-haul readjustment" for some clues as to what lies ahead.

Seems as if many LTL companies are doing line-haul realignments.
UPSF is doing them also. Some drivers are losing their runs but in the end, it's better for the longevity, efficiency and competitiveness of the company.
In the end, the customer sees the value of their dollars spent.

....my 2 cents.

There doesn't seem to be much interest on this topic but in case there is someone out there curious besides the the handful I can tell you that it's been confirmed that the 22 positions at Dayton are from the dock.

However, get ready. In two months there will be a system-wide COO for the road. Checkout the Fedex Freight forum under the thread "line-haul readjustment" for some clues as to what lies ahead.

Just because Fedex Freight is doing a line-haul change what makes you think that ABF will do the same.What do you know that we all don't know.Please tell.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'm glad you find it to be hilarious. Fedex Freight is not union and has pulled the trigger much quicker but they did what all union carriers are planning to do. They have all just began contracts with IBT that allow them to do the same thing but by following the COO procedures.

The realignment by Fedex is seen by all LTL carriers as necessary to be competitive in next day and second day freight lanes and to maximize asset utilization.

Like I said, there's not much interest in the topic. You're the only one talking with me and you're laughing and slapping the table.

if dayton is losing 2838 shipments a week why wouldnt the road board be affected? I'm afraid to say but I think eventualy it will affect the road board

I'm glad you find it to be hilarious. Fedex Freight is not union and has pulled the trigger much quicker but they did what all union carriers are planning to do. They have all just began contracts with IBT that allow them to do the same thing but by following the COO procedures.

The realignment by Fedex is seen by all LTL carriers as necessary to be competitive in next day and second day freight lanes and to maximize asset utilization.

Like I said, there's not much interest in the topic. You're the only one talking with me and you're laughing and slapping the table.

I'm laughing because the COO was sent to the IBT a week ago, and said nothing about road operations and the change has not been approved yet. But you are saying is that in two months their will be a change for the road operation.Just because Fedex is going that way doesn't mean ABF is going to do the same thing.

Ft. Smith told the assembled masses at the city/dock COO meeting that the road COO would be coming in two months. They did not give any details but if you read the contract language and watch what all the competitors are doing, you can surmise that ABF will probably be doing something similar to what FedEx just did.

Things are quiet in here now because so far only the junior guys are feeling it and that is of little concern. It will probably get a lot noisier in here once senior guys are facing what the FedEx guys are facing--move or lose your job.

I've been wondering why it has been so quiet in here also. I'm curious what may be on the horizon for us. Just seeing all the change that is happening or about to happen at YRCW and it's quiet enough to hear a pin drop in here. I suppose there is potential to change quite a few peoples lives. I know that ABF usually doesn't make the drastic changes that other LTL's have in the past. I'm sure we won't know much until it is a done deal and we will just have to "adapt and overcome". I'm just trying to be ready for anything. I was hoping to get something going and get some info out of someone.