FedEx Freight | Chairman's Message January/February 2010

I also agree that the west wasn't properly representative, but what's new about that issue. One interesting thing that was brought up. At the start of the meeting all the line drivers introduced themselves and stated what run they have, and how long they have been with the company. The average seniority for the east was 12-14 years, and the average run was between 500 plus and 600 plus miles. One of the representations from the west had 28 years seniority. His run was 200 miles a night with four hours on the dock. Needless to say the drivers from the east was shocked. I wonder why the west is so upset. TP
The 7 bottom drivers here with the average of 14 + years (fuzzy math) that only run 200 miles and do the mandatory dock at the hubs, or bid the 2 extra board slots. For the other 6 drivers our longest run is under 460 miles and our best run is under 420. It does not always turn at the window like it should. All of our drivers here have plenty of lead in their pencil, and no good runs anymore.
So don't hold your breath for some better runs.

Since we are one company and didn't have anybody from our center there ...WE WERE AS PROPERLY REPRESENTATED
as the rest of the company.

The same ....:Violin:.... playing the same tune in a different center, east of the rockies.

Franklin :rofl2:

Have you heard of Massachusetts??? Or Scott Brown whipping of Obama 52-47. A historic rout that will be talked about until you finally see the light.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

:shift:
That seat was held for half a century by the same party and man ... and changed hands .... THATS SENDING A MESSAGE.
we have one in our state , with a minus 60 public opnion according to the paper . The fight is already on among her own party for her chair :hyper:

Canada trailers

If you think PT is going away anytime soon, then I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you!
Anyone who takes a linehaul job in this company...you are crazy.
FXNL...you are next on the chopping block...you WILL be assimilated.
PT is here to stay!!!
Has anyone else been puling Fedex freight Canada boxes too? All our equipment is compatible now. I think I see our future... Linehaul will be made over this year to a system that moves any trailer to its destination by whatever is the shortest or cheapest route. National boxes will move on freight network.

Has anyone else been puling Fedex freight Canada boxes too? All our equipment is compatible now. I think I see our future... Linehaul will be made over this year to a system that moves any trailer to its destination by whatever is the shortest or cheapest route. National boxes will move on freight network.

fatneck :clap:

All the FedEx Freight Canada trailers that I have seen are number 289xxxx. With the 9 being the Canada designator. We never had 288xxxx trailers and under Viking numbers we only went to the 287xxxx. Before starting all over again with 251xxxx and later 250xxxx when the last number meant something.

:shift: