Yellow | Challenging the old guard at 776

Former Yellow

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys heard there is a strong ticket running against the old guard at 776. Is there some problems up there. Hope all the Yellow guys in Harrisburg are hanging in there and being represented well. God bless.:funky:

The old guard vs. the old guard

The old guard vs. the old guard

On one side the old guard on their own old turf and on the other side the old guard on their new turf. This has all the makings for some good hype, but I'm going to predict that this ones over before it even started. Finally, what would the old guard that is currently in office do if they did actually lose? Would they go back to dock workers and truck drivers? Overall, it sounds like the honeymoon is almost over in HSB. Don't make no waves, don't make no waves... :shades:

Think the new team stands a chance Stan? Oh what am I thinking, less than half the members vote !! Geeze, been retired too long, I forgot.

Think the new team stands a chance Stan? Oh what am I thinking, less than half the members vote !! Geeze, been retired too long, I forgot.

Yeah, getting the people to vote is an accomplishment in itself. I would like to think they do have a chance and at least make it close if they cannot win. At the same time, they will be facing a long standing bunch of guys there with very strong ties... :shades:

Brothers I have been a member of this local for over 20 years and Ill tell you up front that I back the Virtue slate for one simple reason they have represented us better than anyone I Have seen to date as well *** they do a hell of a job for us. With that having been said I would encourage you all to check the oppositions web site at Vote The Wilson Slate. When you go to it click on meet the slate and what you will find is 4 individuals that have spend more time as management in the industries our local represents than in the Teamsters union. The majority of the slate members have never even been union stewards the half of the ones that have been are not anymore or only served for one year. I would point out to you the one candidate for BA. whom boast of having 20 years as a freight supervisor with several union companies. If this is the kind of people anyone would want or need as their union representatives I have to tell you that Ill hang myself the day they count the ballots if they were to win. I remember many of you on here praising the current officers and agents and the good work they did at the coos. Not only that I would invite you to talk to those whom transfer here from LCP and ask them what they think of the representation they have been getting from the current slate. I have personally spoke with some as I work for big R and I can tell you that they are very happy. I would bet that once you all check the site above you will agree with me when I say this wont be an election but rather an excesses. PS. The same guy running for pres. now ran last time against the Virtue slate and lost 3 to 1 I say with some of the people he has this time it will be 5 to 1.

Having been a member and a foot soldier under the current administration, I can tell you this......Brother Griffith was like Yoda, They learned the ways of the Master quite well. If you're a freight member and you vote the other slate it would be disasterous. I've seen J.K. work his bid all week at ABF and then come down to Yellow and run the weekend, CNC to boot! Hard worker or greedy? You make the call..........

J.K. is a s cab at ST. J he would screw guys out of taking deer season off so he could go work at other barns. Not to mention he takes info from membership meetings back to management. He even admitted to lying at one of the monthly meetings in front of those in attendance.

I will say just this....If there was a copy of the transcript from San Antonio available (There is for a price if you order it) you would read how the guys from 776 questioned the company on EVERYTHING and fought like hell for their members....I do not even know them, but I was impressed at the way they presented their case for the members.....best of luck....KK

Just remember 1 thing.it will not be up to the 1900 freight members.it will be up to the county and government members.

You must be new the fact is that the county and government members don't vote never have but even if they do it will be for the Virtue crew for a very simple reason they work hard for the members.

food for thought

use your heads you old fools.... is it not possible that fresh blood in the office at 776 could mean even better results???? someone to think outside the box...b.a.'s that have been in the trenchs more recently...people who are not looking for the high paying jobs at the local offices...but people who actually care about the members well being.... b.a.'s that will allow things to go to committee to be heard...instead of stomping there feet and just say it doesn't need to go to the committe because i am all powerful......look to the future men and woman...open your eyes...dont just sit there and be afraid of change just because it is change....look long and hard at the WILSON slate.. talk to the people on the slate then make an educated choice but above all VOTE....

use your heads you old fools.... is it not possible that fresh blood in the office at 776 could mean even better results???? someone to think outside the box...b.a.'s that have been in the trenchs more recently...people who are not looking for the high paying jobs at the local offices...but people who actually care about the members well being.... b.a.'s that will allow things to go to committee to be heard...instead of stomping there feet and just say it doesn't need to go to the committe because i am all powerful......look to the future men and woman...open your eyes...dont just sit there and be afraid of change just because it is change....look long and hard at the WILSON slate.. talk to the people on the slate then make an educated choice but above all VOTE....

the representatives at 776 have always been there for the members..... danny and his crew are not afraid to stand up to anyone! you said to go check out the other slate so i did. one guy on the wilson slate worked in management for only trucking companies that went belly up. all i will say is the current president and crew know frieght and that is what we are frieght members. if i worked for prison systems then yes the wilson slate would get my vote but i work frieght so PROUDLY my vote will go to MR. VIRTUE......:1036316054::smilie_132:

Fresh blood also means that they dont know anything. Could mean better results but most likely mean worst. I see you dont know Virtue he had a high paying job with Ibt and put it at risk for the membership because he knew that what was going on was not right.As a matter of fact the VP he was running against on the Hoffa slate lasted less that 2 months before he was removed by irb.These guys do care about the members more than you apparently know.Grievances Don't know were you work but in my barn we win lots of them they here lots too.The Wilson slate or should I say the management slate they have more management type:butt kiss: on that slate than we have at Roadway. Thanks but NO thanks if I want a boss to be my agent Ill vote for my wife. VOTE THE VIRTUE SLATE.

J.K. is a s cab at ST. J he would screw guys out of taking deer season off so he could go work at other barns. Not to mention he takes info from membership meetings back to management. He even admitted to lying at one of the monthly meetings in front of those in attendance.

If it is true that J.K. takes info back to management "And I'm not calling you a liar" then I personally think that J.K. should have his card pulled.To me your on one side of the glass or they other,you can't have both.

If it is true that J.K. takes info back to management "And I'm not calling you a liar" then I personally think that J.K. should have his card pulled.To me your on one side of the glass or they other,you can't have both.

I agree with you brother. Just to give you some idea what kind of people this guy hangs with check this web out Vote The Wilson Slate. Go to meet the team check the bio's you will see that 4 of them boast of being management,supervisor,or are business owners. I would like your opinion once you check it out.

I agree with you brother. Just to give you some idea what kind of people this guy hangs with check this web out Vote The Wilson Slate. Go to meet the team check the bio's you will see that 4 of them boast of being management,supervisor,or are business owners. I would like your opinion once you check it out.

couldn't agree more toby. did you read the newspaper clippings on wilson web site. just what we don't need a leadership that will tell the company how to save money by not working people. i think they do that enough already.AS I STATED BEFORE I WILL GIVE DANNY MY VOTE.

I checked out that site and I have to agree with you.The number one thing that gets me is J.K. I will vote for Danny.

I heard Virtue speak once and I had the chance to talk to him afterwards one on one. I was very impressed with two things with him. He was very passionate in everything he spoke about and he gave everyone there all the time in the world for one on ones with him.