Holland | Change Costs YRC Teamsters $10 Million

Yep. Something like 250 bucks out of each members pocket.
I knew something like this would happen when I couldn't find out the warrant price back when the vote passed.
We migh have a legal fight to get anything at all.

March 11, 2009: A change in the YRCW concession deal has just cost Teamster members $9.91 million. But it was agreed to by the International Union without so much as a whimper, let alone any vote of the affected Teamsters.

A March 4 amendment to the stock option deal has changed the date for setting the stock option price to....

Change Costs YRC Teamsters $10 Million | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Does it really matter? Nothing from nothing is still nothing.:duh:

I have said it before. Either they(IBT) set out to hoodwink us, or they are just not knowlegable enough to represent us. I want someone smarter than me negotiating this stuff. I saw these problems coming, and I am just a dumb truck driver. Actually I asssumed they alredy had this stuff worked out with the board before they came to us with it.
Anybody wanna buyba bridge? It's the same thing. They sold us something they didn't own

Thank you Benny. Funny isn't it 4 months ago everyone thought a wage reduction was the answer? I never thought that was the solution.

I knew something like this would happen when I couldn't find out the warrant price back when the vote passed.
We might have a legal fight to get anything at all.
Same here BP. I tried my best to get answers to what our "lock in" price for the stock warrants was, and what precise date that they were officially locked in on. Nobody would or could answer. I knew that we would get a higher lock in price. That is why they kept it quiet. Just another shaft job! It sure is getting tough fighting off the feeling that we got [penetrated] over this whole deal.

I have said it before. Either they(IBT) set out to hoodwink us, or they are just not knowlegable enough to represent us. I want someone smarter than me negotiating this stuff. I saw these problems coming, and I am just a dumb truck driver. Actually I asssumed they alredy had this stuff worked out with the board before they came to us with it.
Anybody wanna buyba bridge? It's the same thing. They sold us something they didn't own

I assumed that 77% of my "Teamster Brothers" were smarter than to vote yes! :duh:

I assumed that 77% of my "Teamster Brothers" were smarter than to vote yes! :duh:
I still support my "yes" vote. We are still in business. There is more to our vote, than just the stock warrants issue. But, I understand that we did get hoodwinked on this mess. It's a shame, we can't trust either side to do the right thing anymore.

I still support my "yes" vote. We are still in business. There is more to our vote, than just the stock warrants issue. But, I understand that we did get hoodwinked on this mess. It's a shame, we can't trust either side to do the right thing anymore.

How can you stand by your "yes vote" while sitting there and admitting that we have been hoodwinked? Think man, think.

We would still be in business even with a NO vote.

Oh, by the way, I wouldn't worry to much about stock option prices just yet, there may not be any stock options for us anyway, the shareholders still need to approve this measure, and that won't happen until May.
Thank God The IBT has a contingency plan.::shit::

WAKE UP!!! Both sides have been lying to us for a long time.

That is your opinion. I am entitled to mine also. Obviously 77% of us were not willing to take the chance. Nuff said. This has been debated since the vote. Where you been?

Nuff said?? Why, because you said it?? I don't think so!
I've been out working, doing my job, but now that I am forced into a bid that no one wants, I have more time to spend here criticizing the IBT and the sheep who question nothing (except where I've been) but vote yes for everything.

Just so you understand Northern Flash, here is a flash for you. Being part of an overwhelming majority does not make you correct. An overwhelming majority once believed the earth was flat.
So don't throw this nonsense in my face that all these people can't be wrong, because I'm not buying it.

First off let me say that in no way can I judge somebody for what they do or don't do. We each have the right to vote or express ourselves the way we want, its one of the few rights as a American that we have left. Let me tell you why I did vote for the give back. I'am a 3rd generation teamster, both my grandfather and my father were life long teamsters. My father is still living and is drawing his retirement to this day. When it was said that we would be voting on a 10% give back, the first thing that went through my mind was, what would happen if we voted no, and YRC was to go out of business, that would mean that my father over time would lose his retirement. I went back and forth about my decision to vote the way I did, did I feel like we were being lied to about the matters from both sides, yes I did, but it was a chance that I did not want to take and give a no vote and see YRC go down.

My father is one of the greatest men walking today. Both him and my grandfather fought hard, shed blood, sweat, and cried a lot of tears for me to have what I have today as a TEAMSTER. I felt that if I voted no and YRC was to fail, then I would have failed the men and women who have come before me and have given so much in the betterment of each and every one of us today.

As a 18yr teamster, and 15yrs with Holland, I worry about my job everyday, just like the rest of us. I don't like what has happen to this company, or to the union, I would be lying if I didn't, but I did have to take myself out of the picture, and look at all of the members both working and retired, and vote with my heart and hope that my vote would make a difference for ALL parties.

I worry about my family and my ability to provide for them. My hope, is that my vote will give some stable grounds for each and every member and those employees of YRC.

Like I said I can and will not judge those for the way they do things. Thank you for your time.

Searcher09

Is the same Maynard G that said on Saia thread " Thank the Teamsters and YRC for Saia having to take a pay cut." Why blame them for Saia's pay cut. They took a cut and we just got our raise, or 90% of our raise.

Is the same Maynard G that said on Saia thread " Thank the Teamsters and YRC for Saia having to take a pay cut." Why blame them for Saia's pay cut. They took a cut and we just got our raise, or 90% of our raise.

So, it is his feeling that it is the Teamsters fault for him having to take a pay cut..Wonder if he gives the Teamsters credit for his hourly wage or if he is one that thinks they pay him that wage because the really care about him.

That is your opinion. I am entitled to mine also. Obviously 77% of us were not willing to take the chance. Nuff said. This has been debated since the vote. Where you been?
The whole point here is that this was debated for the last several months. I'm not going to bother going though my opinion vs. your opinion on the vote.
The "where you been" question was pointing out that you were not part of these conversations for the last couple months. Don't expect all of us to rehash something that you missed out on.

Nuff said?? Why, because you said it?? I don't think so!
You don't seem quite intelligent enough to grasp the fact that that means that I've said enough. But, oh well.
I've been out working, doing my job, but now that I am forced into a bid that no one wants, I have more time to spend here criticizing the IBT and the sheep who question nothing (except where I've been) but vote yes for everything.
It looks like you will really be enlightening us with your wisdom in the future.Yippee!
Just so you understand Northern Flash, here is a flash for you. Being part of an overwhelming majority does not make you correct.
You are correct. We are all entitled to our opinion which supports the way we vote.
So don't throw this nonsense in my face that all these people can't be wrong, because I'm not buying it.
I never said one thing about anyone being wrong or right on how they voted. Go back and look at my post again. I said that 77% were not willing to take the chance of us getting shutdown.

So far you have told me to "wake up".
You have said that all of the "yes" voters are "sheep".

I say ":tongue0002: