FedEx Freight | change of operations in oct?

I don't think any of you dummies know what you're talking about. I'm going back to having a life perhaps you people should do the same.
Go on welfare, Duped. If you can't beat 'em join 'em right? According to this administraton those on it contribute to the economy.

And a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ too...That person you call that will more than likely work their tail off, save and go to school, get out of the business only to start one of their own or go to school to become whatever they want- doing it legally and proudly, unassisted- becoming an American citizen knowing more than the majority of Americans who lived here all their lives. While the majority of us will do nothing and sadly stay here- most likely someday working for them.
That' some funny sh** there , I don't care who you are:smile:

If my memory is still working, I think its taken the current administration about 5 years to get us where FXF is today. The wages have went up, and everything else seems to be heading south. I can't see much of a change coming in October if any, but you can always hope for the best. TP

Hoo boy, someone got their panties in a bunch. Don't worry, there should be a spare reflective purple thong in your glove box. Mandatory FedEx safety equipment, don't you know.

Line drivers did not drive forklifts. Major hubs 400-500 miles apart. Professional dock workers. Large driver pools at the hubs. Only outsourced when system was at capacity. Truckload sales dept to help balance lanes instead of moving empties. Real time, hands on dispatch that could adjust for changes in volume instantly as opposed to bus schedules and WTF do we do when freight volumes swing. FIFO extra board as opposed to hog board.
Maximizing line potential as opposed to doing what is easiest, goes back todispatching instead of bus schedules.
Listening to drivers that might actually know what they are talking about.

You know, old school stuff that works.

Oh yeah, the most important thing....

We charged premium prices to deliver premium service, not deliver excuses.
And we treated customers as customers, not as interruptions in our daily routine.
Brother, that is the most concise, level headed, logical post I've read yet. I pray that anyone involved in management, that babysits this forum truly reads what you wrote. If you weren't such a manly truck driver, I'd surely kiss you squarely on the mouth! Good on ya, brother

Word has it that there is another change of operations happening in oct and my current center is gaining 4 runs. Operation changes are company wide right? Or can they just involve a couple centers?
Runs!! Who Ever is telling you runs doesn't know themselves!! It's so quiet!! Scary Quiet!! That's what makes you think it's bigger than the last one...

They have hired to many people with NO experience in the freight industry and they have expected all of their stupid ideas to work. People who are hired to work the business should have over the road experience for a period of at least 5 years so they can know how drivers feel and what they go through. A college degree does not qualify a person to be a terminal manager of a decision maker, only experience. FedEx needs a house cleaning with the powers that be and put some experience in the company that has been in the industry a while. FedEx does not stand behind their road drivers, the company has turned the majority of its employees away from it in hopes of getting people in there that will play their good old boy games.

They have hired to many people with NO experience in the freight industry and they have expected all of their stupid ideas to work. People who are hired to work the business should have over the road experience for a period of at least 5 years so they can know how drivers feel and what they go through. A college degree does not qualify a person to be a terminal manager of a decision maker, only experience. FedEx needs a house cleaning with the powers that be and put some experience in the company that has been in the industry a while. FedEx does not stand behind their road drivers, the company has turned the majority of its employees away from it in hopes of getting people in there that will play their good old boy games.

I agree with everything except the OTR experience, apple's and oranges. They should hire the most qualified people for each position, and they don't. FedEx Freight is the Walmart of trucking,big and generic.