Yellow | change of operations update

g-man

Wide open at 85%
Credits
I'm not even sure if this info has already been posted somewhere else on these boards, so I will post anyway......as of today, while we all wait to hear our fate, it is now 10 days, and still nothing......for anyone who wishes to read the sticking points between the company and the union, they can go to Union Reviews YRC’s Changes | Teamsters for a Democratic Union. At least it offers some information, though a couple of days old......Thanks to those 4 locals as well as any others not listed who are making this decision that much more difficult for YRC. Remember it is our FUTURE that is at stake.....:red_bandana:g-man

dont panic yard horse. i believe we have gone to arbitration on this change of ops[ no official word] and we are hearing bidding put off till after july 4th . like i said nothing official

5 days till the phone bid , WTF still no info and updates , bend over guys this don't look good .
hey yardhorse, as long as this change is in arbitration, there are no dates or phone bid for that matter.......hang in there

Thinking...

At our Terminal, small Satellite, we only have one Bid Sheet...Senority prevailed.

Now we are picking up two Utility Drivers and one Velocity Driver...so my question is...are we going to go to more than one Bid Sheet? As a 20-year man, I hope for only one Bid Sheet...however, the Junior men want three.

Any thoughts?
Hope all had a great Memorial Day!

Thinking...

At our Terminal, small Satellite, we only have one Bid Sheet...Senority prevailed.

Now we are picking up two Utility Drivers and one Velocity Driver...so my question is...are we going to go to more than one Bid Sheet? As a 20-year man, I hope for only one Bid Sheet...however, the Junior men want three.

Any thoughts?
Hope all had a great Memorial Day!
I think you will have two bid sheets. 1 for the road as that is what the velocity man really is and 1 that will include your City and Utillity men. Just my opinion and this may be one of the things being argued right now at the panel.

Well, let me see....

We have a Bid Sheet at our Terminal which sets up a schedule for our employees to bid on for their runs for the next 6 months.

As I mentioned in my question...since "WE ARE GETTING IN 2 UTILITY DRIVERS AND 1 VELOCITY DRIVER...MY QUESTION IS, ARE WE GOING TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE BID SHEET".

So...as you can understand (well, I guess you cannot), I KNOW that a decision has not yet been made...therefore, that is why I am asking the question.

Uhm...all Union Drivers have a Bid Sheet. So I cannot understand what you wrote. Many years ago, when I was 'Johnny Come Lately' and Unassigned and Non-Guarenteed, I was unable to bid on a Bid Sheet. Is that what is going on with you?

Thanks Wolf for the information, greatly appreciate it!

No decision rendered how can anyone have any bid sheets. come on.
Your right Toby it was a hypothetical and as stated contingent on the panels ruling. We were just passing the time of day and I was flexing my new status as an ECI. :hysterical: :smilie_132:

Your right Toby it was a hypothetical and as stated contingent on the panels ruling. We were just passing the time of day and I was flexing my new status as an ECI. :hysterical: :smilie_132:

Just means another reason for others to shoot at you, I prefer to blend in with the freight, safer that way.

Just means another reason for others to shoot at you, I prefer to blend in with the freight, safer that way.
:hysterical: I know your right, I never was any good at being a Rocket Scientist, thats why I drive truck. :smilie_132:

phone bid is going to be june 15 ( FATHERS DAY ) We need to protest that date and be home with our families, not spending it all day at the phone bid. I think they r all a bunch of spinless cockroaches