Yellow | Change of operations

Serta,
I'm a 21 year man at Yellow and haven't taken a bid in 5 years. I prefer the extra board....more variety and not the same boredom all the time....still boredom...but to different places.

No premium bids there? I guess you got one thing right though, he can change his run on a weekly basis to avoid boredom.
No we have some choice bids but this guy can maniplate the board when he needs to.He pretty much runs daytime hours and usually turns around 3000 miles a week Not bad when you consider the extra hourly from having that 3 million mile truck.Plus he is never bored with same ol' same ol'..............The man is my RoadWay hero I hope to be here long enough to enjoy what does now. Plus He almost always speaks favorably of his job.(not many 30 year men have that same attitude or at least not the ones I've met..):clap: :clap: :clap:

I`ve been hearing that there adding doors to the Phoenix terminal. My guess is with the next change they will become a flow center.

The way things are going my guess is that some small terminals near Phoenix will close and become city freight for 841.

Has anyone else heard of a bigger change after the regional change? My steward is telling me that he has heard that there is another change behind this small change, anyone else hear about this, before i take the leap, that i will regret......that leap will be transfering while i am on a layoff status...

Has anyone else heard of a bigger change after the regional change? My steward is telling me that he has heard that there is another change behind this small change, anyone else hear about this, before i take the leap, that i will regret......that leap will be transfering while i am on a layoff status...

I have heard that there is another one at the first of the year. Heard we will find out more in October. It is going to affect the western states.

I constantly have guys come up to me on the dock at 671 and talk about a 3rd change for us. I keep asking where they heard about another change and more than one worker said it was their understanding that there would be 3?!? One per year before the end of the contract.

Anyone else heard about a 3rd change? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, to me. Neither does bringing in 29 men on this last change and no forklifts!! DS.

i work at con-way now, but i had 2 years at yellow and roadway combined and i recently got a pension statement in the mail and it made me wanted to go back to teamsters to get it vested and hopefully draw a pension later.....
....but with all the change of operations going on it's pretty scary, and everything is YRC now lol it's like a monopoly

...start at the bottom as a casual again? get layed off? when i have full-time and benefits now...i get all the hours i want i can work 70 if i want or 40 if im lazy........
leave all that for a "HOPE" of a pension in the future and all the union goodies...?

....i say hope because nobody knows the future for all you know it could be gone
not bashing union or starting a debate just stating a fact..

im pretty shure i can get my old job back at yellow, but damn with all the change of ops...what if i pick the wrong terminal...i hear SCA one of the biggest terminals in SO-CAL is "cutting down"

This thread is about a COO at Roadway. Has the Company actually submitted it to the affected Locals and the International or is it still a rumor at this point?