Yellow | Change Of Operations

imported_willyb

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard from two different sources in last 2 days that yellow had a conference call discussing change of operations, also heard they were going to drop it on us March 1st.
Anyone have any inside info on this or can anyone confirm.

coo

being a new union guy-atleast for now,what would a coo be ? doesnt the union have to approve it ? do we vote ? how does it work? or could this have been in the plan all along with ibt and yrc doing an under the table deal ?? sorry i dont trust BIG CORPS very much..

It depends on whether the change is regional or national. I would expect a lot of changes for this year because of the contract. It looks like Yellow may be moving Linehaul drivers from the breaks to the EOL's again. They'll be trying to use this new version of the Premium driver.

being a new union guy-atleast for now,what would a coo be ? doesnt the union have to approve it ? do we vote ? how does it work? or could this have been in the plan all along with ibt and yrc doing an under the table deal ?? sorry i dont trust BIG CORPS very much..
USF,
A COO is a Change Of Operations. It's basically what it says......they propose a different way to move freight. It will normally involve the road more than local cartage or shop. But it can involve all 3. Here's a simple road COO as an example....let's say COL now runs freight to STL.....10 loads a day we'll say....and now Yellow wants to reverse that flow and make STL the primary running that freight to COL. Yellow will say STL is a plus 11......and COL is a minus 11. They'd have to notify the International and the Locals involved 30 days in advance of a hearing where the COO Committee would rule on whether or not the 11 drivers was sufficient to cover the work COL was losing. If it was, and in this case it is....very often in COO's the numbers are not accurate and therefore are corrected in most cases.....so the Committee approves the COO and the senior most 11 drivers who want to move from COL to STL will be allowed to do so. This will be done by signing a list COL would put up for 1 week. Nobody has to move but the senior on the day of the phone conference but they'' call the names out in seniority order of those who signed up to consider the move and then they'll have to decide to move or pass and stay in COL. I could go on and on as most COO's are much more involved than this example.....but I hope you get the general idea.

And no you don't vote on it. The union can't just say no, they need a contractual reason to deny it. Most often the only changes are in the numbers of people involved.

It depends on whether the change is regional or national. I would expect a lot of changes for this year because of the contract. It looks like Yellow may be moving Linehaul drivers from the breaks to the EOL's again. They'll be trying to use this new version of the Premium driver.

I just reread the languge from Art3 sec7 about changes involvong UE's. Now I have a headache. It goes to a committe if the company just wants to establish some UE's, if it's going to cause people to be moved around than it's a little more formal procedure. The confusing part is that there seems to be two new committees, a National Utility Employee Review Board and also a National Review board. So it goes to the NUERB first if not approved there it goes to the NRB ( not to be confused with the NLRB) then if not resolved there it goes to the NGC.
All this has to happen within 15 days of the Employer meeting with the effected Locals. I'm going to take a asprin.:hysterical:

The new RUMOR is a big one is coming and the eastern sea board is going to be severly effected. Thus according to a jocky who talked to a charollette(?) driver, who in thurn told me. God, this is like school all over again.

I just reread the languge from Art3 sec7 about changes involvong UE's. Now I have a headache. It goes to a committe if the company just wants to establish some UE's, if it's going to cause people to be moved around than it's a little more formal procedure. The confusing part is that there seems to be two new committees, a National Utility Employee Review Board and also a National Review board. So it goes to the NUERB first if not approved there it goes to the NRB ( not to be confused with the NLRB) then if not resolved there it goes to the NGC.
All this has to happen within 15 days of the Employer meeting with the effected Locals. I'm going to take a asprin.:hysterical:
better get you a big ol'e 500 count bottle of exedrin-your gonna need'em.....:hide:

Heard from two different sources in last 2 days that yellow had a conference call discussing change of operations, also heard they were going to drop it on us March 1st.
Anyone have any inside info on this or can anyone confirm.

Then it must be true afterall you heard it from 2 different guys.:hysterical:

Just because you herd it from more than 1 driver or dock worker does not make it true. A person could say something in cve and by the time you get to STL. 5 drivers will be in line hall talking about it.:hysterical::gathering:

who pays for all of this?

Just because you herd it from more than 1 driver or dock worker does not make it true. A person could say something in cve and by the time you get to STL. 5 drivers will be in line hall talking about it.:hysterical::gathering:

Yep!

Dayton Frieght is building a new huge terminal across from Holland's terminal in Greenwood, In. I told a Holland Driver that Yellow had just bought Dayton and we were secretly going to move into that new terminal, since the Indy Airport has wanted our Yellow terminal for a long time. He told me not to worry, he'd have that rumor all the way to Chicago by morning!

who pays for all of this?

Overnite:

Our contract spells out what is to be done on a COO. The companies file it with the Union to have a hearing over the COO and will be changed (+ or -) and them implemented on an agreed date.

The company then pays the moving expenses for the driver and his family IF and WHEN he decides to move. Hope this helps to answer your question..............KK