Yellow | Change Of Operations

I was wondering who pays for all of the committies?
That's what I thought you were asking but wasn't sure. The Committees are made up of Union Officials and Company Labor Reps who are already being paid to do this type of work. The travel and motel expenses are paid by whoever they represent....the Union or the Company. There are fees paid to wherever they meet unless and I'd say those are split. As far as I've ever known they don't make any extra money for being on a Committee.

One of the other posts said it had to go through 5 committies, I was just thinking that is a big expense just to want to transfer runs from one terminal to another

If you read the new language, all they really have to do is a hard layoff for 30 days and put jobs up where they desire people, evrybody will move themselves if they want to keep their jobs.

One of the other posts said it had to go through 5 committies, I was just thinking that is a big expense just to want to transfer runs from one terminal to another
I just reread the post you're talking about made by Team Cujo and all I see is that it can possibly go to two Committees. This would be the exception rather than the rule. Yes, there are expenses incurred....that's the cost of doing business. But it beats the heck out the Company just dictating how it's gonna go. At a COO all affected Locals are required to respond by sending a Rep. or writing a letter. If the + and - numbers are accurate the COO will be approved. Often the + and - numbers are adjusted by a Local and the Company before the Committee meets.

He said 2 new committies, then he used there abbreveations, I thought he was talking about 5 committies.
No problem O. All of this is new to you but you'll see how it all works soon. Maybe not the UE stuff, but the grievance procedures at UPS are fairly similar, or so I've heard, to NMFA. It's not uncommon for a grievance to get deadlocked....a 3 to 3 vote....and then have to go to a higher Committee.

He said 2 new committies, then he used there abbreveations, I thought he was talking about 5 committies.

The two new committees are the National utility employee review board and the national review board. The ngc is the National greivance committee, it's been around a long time. I guess the National review board has the second to the last say in UE stuff and also oversees the preffered carrier disputes.

Overheard tm talking on phone today and .....

Heard from two different sources in last 2 days that yellow had a conference call discussing change of operations, also heard they were going to drop it on us March 1st.
Anyone have any inside info on this or can anyone confirm.

Heard her say to someone that in a month there will be a huge COO and she said that they would know more in a few days.:butthead::censored2:

\\\\

I was wondering who pays for all of the committies?

Are you referring to the company’s increased cost of doing business due to labor relations (committees)? It appears as though you believe that organized labor is to costly for companies to grow and maintain profits.

Please bear in mind that United Parcel Service employees belong to the teamsters union. And UPS purchased Overnite with profits generated by union employees. In fact, UPS is the richest transportation company in the world and they purchased Overnite with their pocket change. Oh, by the way, UPS has more labor committees than you would care to count. I Hope this helps you.