ABF | Change of Ops

keepontruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
Gentlemen......
i am up in the northeast and i am hearing about a possible change of operation... has anyone else heard this or more info?
i am hearing that UE's will replace some road men and do turns to other terminals instead of laydowns,
can anyone else confirm or edit my info.

thanks
god bless
keepontruckin!!!!!!!

I don't have the complete information but Carlisle is adding some UE's and I believe it cuts out some road bids. Elmira, NY., somewhere around Binghamton, NY (maybe Syracuse, not sure) are two runs I have heard about.

Why, are you interested in jogging up US Rte 15 to Elmira this winter?

Route 15 is a great road, its just a little harder getting in and out of the Turky Ranch since they straightened out Steam Valley.

The adding of (UE) at certain terminals was under the old change~ the bids have already been cancelled to the effected terminals. The only two terminals that were effected and replaced the bid with (UE) was Binghamton and Elmyria. Had a rebid on Sunday new bids take effect 00:01 the 31st. Have a great day and be safe!! :)

I heard there is a new change comming that will be larger than the one with Elmyra,Binghamton and Hagerstown. There should be som info comming out soon.

yeah i am hearing now that this change is coming from 064 road..... going east... can anyone else confirm...... bids to rochester syracuse buffalo erie Etc..... ?????

The adding of (UE) at certain terminals was under the old change~ the bids have already been cancelled to the effected terminals. The only two terminals that were effected and replaced the bid with (UE) was Binghamton and Elmyria. Had a rebid on Sunday new bids take effect 00:01 the 31st. Have a great day and be safe!! :)

Does that ad UE's to Elmira and Binghamton to turn Carlisle?

yeah i am hearing now that this change is coming from 064 road..... going east... can anyone else confirm...... bids to rochester syracuse buffalo erie Etc..... ?????
Wait until you get some of those 064 loads, you swear they used a woodchipper....

Wait until you get some of those 064 loads, you swear they used a woodchipper....

Wait until to you see these puss cases, You better have your T.M. order in a couple extra cases of shrinkwrap, you are going to need it !!! High and tight are words they never heard !!! Good luck, you will be re-skidding more freight than you can imagine !! Who needs Jenny Craig for weight loss when you can have 064 loads !!!!

Eastern Region Gainers include:

Albany, Bay Shore, Brooklyn, Buffalo, New York
Allentown, Chester, Lancaster, Norristown, Philadelphia Pennslyvania
Avenel, Paterson and Vicentown New Jersey
Brockton, Salisbury and Worcester Massachutes
Charleston, Columbia, Dillion, Greenville-Spartanburg South Carolina
Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham North Carolina
Enfield, New Haven, Plainfield and Stratford Connecticut
Hagerstown, Maryland
Manchester, New Hampshire
Norfolk, Richmond, Virgina
Providence, Rhode Island

Eastern Region Losers

Carlisle, Pa -32
Winston-Salem -7

Central Region Gainers-

Akron, Canton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo and Youngstown, Ohio
Appleton, Milwaukee, Madison, Racine, Sheboygan and Wausau Wisconsin
Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, Iowa
Champaign, Moline, Illinois
Detroit, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Pontiac, Michigan
Evansville, Ft. Wayne, South Bend, Indiana
Louisville, Kentucky
Owatonna, Minnesota
St. Louis, Missouri

Central Region Losers-

Dayton -21
Kansas City -3
South Chicago -18

Southern Region Gainers-

Athens, Macon, Savannah, Tifton, Georgia
Austin, Ft. Worth, Houston, Laredo, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, Sherman, Tyler, Waco, Wichita Falls, Texas
Birmingham, Alabama
Ft. Smith, Arkansas
Nashville, Tennesse
New Orleans, Louisiana
Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Tampa, Florida

Southern Region Losers-

Atlanta -10
Dallas -14
Little Rock -9

As per usual, the numbers balance for each region. Don't know if you will be able go from one conference to another.

According to the change "If a position that is offered for transfer at one of the DC's does not fill, based on tonnage levels going forward, this may or may not create a layoff at that DC location."

Also from the Change, "Prior to and in concert with the implementation, existing UE bid positions will be eliminated and new UE bids established in each location involved in this change. This will allow qualified employees the option to bid on or off the new positions."

I assume that means it will be an open bid when you transfer into your new location and therefore you are not really guaranteed a UE position considering city drivers will be allowed to exercise their seniority.

As per usual, the numbers balance for each region. Don't know if you will be able go from one conference to another.

According to the change "If a position that is offered for transfer at one of the DC's does not fill, based on tonnage levels going forward, this may or may not create a layoff at that DC location."

Also from the Change, "Prior to and in concert with the implementation, existing UE bid positions will be eliminated and new UE bids established in each location involved in this change. This will allow qualified employees the option to bid on or off the new positions."

I assume that means it will be an open bid when you transfer into your new location and therefore you are not really guaranteed a UE position considering city drivers will be allowed to exercise their seniority.
Nice job with the info.

Thanks for the information. It seems odd that we didn't hear a peep out of our local union on this and it must have been in the works for a while.

When will the change take place?