Yellow | Change Posted

Jughead

LOST
Credits
Recieved call change posted in Meridan Miss.I don`t have numbers except its not good for us in asheville nc.

Meridian, MS has the driver end of it posted. Was not suppose to be posted until Monday according to a steward. They won't put up the dock and yard side of it til Monday. All I know is Meridian is losing 3 road, and rumor is 8 dock and 1 yard. No one will confirm dock and yard numbers.

Is this nationwide or regional? Never heard about this one.
Nation wide. Now I heard this from a driver so take it for what its worth (not much I am sure) That they want turn freight West to East instead of East to West. My guess is to utilize the Utlility Drivers better.. One things for sure they kept this pretty quiet up & until this past week..

Nation wide. Now I heard this from a driver so take it for what its worth (not much I am sure) That they want turn freight West to East instead of East to West. My guess is to utilize the Utlility Drivers better.. One things for sure they kept this pretty quiet up & until this past week..

5th Paragraph of the Memo I "found"

"The change will create a new network spanning over 14,000 lanes. Nearly 140 Service Center and Regional Service Center operations, primarily in the Eastern States, will be affected by the change. The reduction in cycle times at the affected operations will generate faster transit times on over 13,000 service standards."

Reverse Flow

The last outfit that tried to reverse the freight flow was PIE. That was the straw that broke their back. The rest is history

The numbers posted in Meridian only show numbers for the eastern side of the Mississippi
I don't know if there is to be a west change later. But the numbers don't add up

welll youre right the numbers dont add up. It looks like about 250 to the negaitve. I am not sure where they will go, but what I saw was from st louis and east and south(east of the mississippi) A lot of the gaining places are satelites and they are only gaining one or two employees. I guess those are the utility employees???:nutkick:

Devalued

From what I am hearing is this Utility driver is the big gainer. It will save YRC some serious jack if abused by them. Plus it will devalue the Union trucker, most OTR guys can make far more $$ truckin' than 40 hours straight time. "Why drive at YRC when you already make 11 to 12 hundred per week ?"

The last outfit that tried to reverse the freight flow was PIE. That was the straw that broke their back. The rest is history
Being a former employee of PIE, I don't really think you can blame "reverse freight flow" on it's failure.