ODFL | Change to phone policy with cameras

leftie

TB Lurker
Credits
New video on workday, phone policy has changed from zero tolerance to one warning.
Second violation is likely termination but sounds to be open to interpretation.

Have heard they will offer to bring back those who have been fired but as hearsay goes who knows.

Didn’t take long.

New video on workday, phone policy has changed from zero tolerance to one warning.

Have heard they will offer to bring back those who have been fired but as hearsay goes who knows.

Didn’t take long.
They brought back the Dallas drivers who were let go. It’s true

E820EAD5-1B64-41F5-9E4D-5008B8ABE899.md.png 599C1045-C9EE-4AB8-9F94-321F08DED7C4.md.png 7B7D0709-4792-4494-9D90-F1BC87256393.md.png 91EFF775-2A62-44A7-A65C-803A10B5D292.md.png 8C80FDA5-22FC-4588-BA48-7A899D0E9B1D.md.png B6AB8CA7-F18D-4D80-B856-E371E2419932.md.png 6F15D247-4854-4C90-BA3B-DC860614CDA2.md.png FE262BBB-2EDC-425B-8DF3-0C96333A1AF0.md.png

Well, friend drives for another company with Lytx system. Used as a dash cam to protect driver, also side lane views, nothing in cab, because Lytx has a shield options that prevents reflection. Monitor Program settings by company request. Only call in of unsafe reported maneuver is reviewed, (90+%) are bogus, driver never hears about them, not to monitor/micro manage every driver move or activity. Corporate got what they wanted. Not a good rep to get for a “driver friendly” environment. Get notices of great hire on” bonus/perks/etc from a private carrier that put an application in with 15 years ago. Until few years ago had a waiting list, took retirements, new locations, etc, to get aboard, actually carrier could pick and choose, then put in policies that monitored/micro managed every aspect, within a couple years, had retention problem of senior safe drivers, getting new hires, etc. Many of those policies are now gone, yet reputation remains.

Last edited:
It should have never been that way to begin with, it was a stupid move on the company end.

I’m glad that they finally figured it out.

They should fire the guy that came up with needing cameras to micro manage us. Send him back to FedEx.
Sam Faucett retired and the sh@ithead that kept running drivers off at walmart is now our safety guy. Thats when these cameras started…

Sam Faucett retired and the sh@ithead that kept running drivers off at walmart is now our safety guy. Thats when these cameras started…
What’s next from Wally World Boy? Our trucks cut back to 57 mph? Maybe some other bogus policies. We’re freight haulers, not the Chinese junk transport. Maybe he’d like to micromanage my winter of throwing iron every day? Doubt it. Unbelievable.

What’s next from Wally World Boy? Our trucks cut back to 57 mph? Maybe some other bogus policies. We’re freight haulers, not the Chinese junk transport. Maybe he’d like to micromanage my winter of throwing iron every day? Doubt it. Unbelievable.
Mf can come throw the chains himself the day they micro me on that,. I mights just stay home and make an actual sea line driver do the job they signed up for instead of calling out every time it snowing

Didn’t take long.
But if you use your Bluetooth, you'd be ok?