FedEx Freight | Changes coming in June?

Just my 2 cents but I think the Bloomberg news article last year that stated “FedEx contemplates driverless payroll” may be correct! I know everyone says they can’t go full contractor with freight and I agree it would be a disaster! But do you think they care at this point? They need to slash another 2 billion to meet their cost cutting numbers. I hope for everyone there I am way off!

I wish everyone still there good luck I made it 32 years 350 days before they shut us down last year! Top of the center list ALX!
12 weeks severance after 32 years wish yall luck with a buyout! If it comes down to it Life without a purple shirt is still good so keep your heads up!!

Just my 2 cents but I think the Bloomberg news article last year that stated “FedEx contemplates driverless payroll” may be correct! I know everyone says they can’t go full contractor with freight and I agree it would be a disaster! But do you think they care at this point? They need to slash another 2 billion to meet their cost cutting numbers. I hope for everyone there I am way off!

I wish everyone still there good luck I made it 32 years 350 days before they shut us down last year! Top of the center list ALX!
12 weeks severance after 32 years wish yall luck with a buyout! If it comes down to it Life without a purple shirt is still good so keep your heads up!!
Totally agree with contractor model for linehaul. I'm gonna say 80/20 mix. With contractors be 80%

Think it's crazy. Ask Federal Express about it.

I wouldn't say either way, but I honestly doubt a random HR guy would know a damn thing.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. When news breaks, there were maybe 5 people in the FX system that knew prior. All the "Buddy from 2 terminals ober said his buddy that works in MX was told by his supervisor that, ect, ect"

That $hit is never right, ever. Same for raises. EVERY SINGLE PREDICTION IS WRONG 100% OF THE TIME. You only find out when it's been announced.

Again, I'm not saying things aren't changing, but that's a vauge statement.
I could say "Big news coming by spring 2026!" and I'd probably be right.

I would say, that being in the city with some seniority is probably the safest place in the meantime.

Well let's assume this is true. Some of these places can't hire enough dock help as it is. They rely on shuttle drivers to work the dock. I could see more purchase for long hauls but all the mid to short stuff might get a bit complicated. Also if they switched to a pure contractor model I can't imagine them keeping the priority service model afloat. Having to rely on somewhat unreliable 3rd part line haul to get service freight on time on a massive scale appears suicidal to me with our current model. Is there really enough reliable 3rd party options nationwide? I find that hard to believe. Unless all of us linehaul become 3rd party drivers. That would be funny in a way.

This is said to be effective June 1:

Not THAT big of an announcement, but Little Rock district realignment, consolidation into surrounding districts.

LR-district---fxfe.md.jpeg

It says physical service center locations and network design will not be impacted AT THIS TIME...

:smilie93c peelout:

This is said to be effective June 1:

Not THAT big of an announcement, but Little Rock district realignment, consolidation into surrounding districts.

LR-district---fxfe.md.jpeg

It says physical service center locations and network design will not be impacted AT THIS TIME...

:smilie93c peelout:
What does that specifically mean for the respective terminals listed?
Say, what doea that mean for the TXK terminal in the Houston district?

Or, are all the listed districts just simply to become part of the Little Rock dist?

What does that specifically mean for the respective terminals listed?
Say, what doea that mean for the TXK terminal in the Houston district?

Or, are all the listed districts just simply to become part of the Little Rock dist?
Don't know, but it sound to me like the other way around.

I can’t see 3rd party pulling our freight. No LTL does it to a major part.. we all have Pt but there’s no way FedEx Freight would hire a 3rd party to be their “main carrier” this just doesn’t work.. and no LTL does this..

If any big announcement is coming that can affect LH drivers I’d assume a rail operation uptick.. that’s about it. Ground already has their own product to pull why would they get involved with Freight when they have their own mess coming soon with Express

Also new tractors are starting to roll in. I’ve been told we have over 12 sitting in Ohio to be delivered.

Who knows. We sure won't till they want us too. Just info that was passed on to me. Do with it what you will.

Also had another friend called me saying Ground pulls 1 to 2 sets a night out of WME. Hostlers hook them, and they come in and hook and go.

WME has drivers sitting daily. So why is ground pulling our doubles?o

Who knows. We sure won't till they want us too. Just info that was passed on to me. Do with it what you will.

Also had another friend called me saying Ground pulls 1 to 2 sets a night out of WME. Hostlers hook them, and they come in and hook and go.

WME has drivers sitting daily. So why is ground pulling our doubles?
But, but FXF’s margins are great, and we don’t haul cheap freight. That’s the forever narrative from the Fedex rubes.