Holland | Changing bid start times daily

sharpshooter

TB Veteran
Credits
How do some terminals get away with this?
The guy I meet gets a call at home, changing his start time 1-2hrs, atleast a couple times a week, while mine never changes.
If I go in and my load isn't ready, I wait, on the clock till it is (which rarely happens)

Load time change all the time at terminals, and if Drivers are coming in and sitting on the clock the TM needs to be fired for costing the company money and it has alot to do with the number of OB bills and how short of dock help they are too ??? and plus we HAVE NO UNION WORK RULES ANYMORE !!! company does whatever they want too !!! and the union BA says thats OK cause we are trying to save jobs !!

Ok, so how is it on a window for 1 terminal but, the other rolls on time? So maybe you don't pay 1 guy to wait initially but, if your meeting a southern conference driver, your paying one way or the other..lol..either delay when he arrives at slip, or bed time for going through. Either way, it doesn't make a lot of sense to change half of the runs start time, without changing the other half too

A lot of this is self inflicted by brother teamsters. At my barn when forced overtime is in effect, the senior city drivers don't come back until they have 10 hrs so they don't have to work the dock.

Great for the senior city drivers, but when they bring the freight back late, the dock runs behind, and your start time gets pushed back.

According to the holland work rules they should be calling everybody, however at some terminals management dosent want to deal with making all those extra calls so they just leave it alone. Do you wanna be called every night?

Our start times are courtesy start times, another way of just not wanting to make all the calls!!! However if they do not call within two hours of your courtesy time you will get paid from your original time you were to report!

Our old terminal manager from years ago would just have them call us all for midnight!! He always said they'll be here at nine raring to go anyway, and he was pretty much right on it!!! Lol

Our start times are courtesy start times, another way of just not wanting to make all the calls!!! However if they do not call within two hours of your courtesy time you will get paid from your original time you were to report!
They just aren't communicating on the slips, and guys are going through an excessive amount this bid for some reason. Central sees an hour difference and they say go through. I'm on a slip and didn't meet at all last week, my meet guy got pissed and marked off Friday, so I held for bid.