ABF | Chargeable Accident

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
Is it correct for me to believe that in order for the company to give you a chargeable accident, they would have to send a certified letter or notify you of the chargeable in some form?

Is it correct for me to believe that in order for the company to give you a chargeable accident, they would have to send a certified letter or notify you of the chargeable in some form?
They have to send you a certified letter on any charge whether it’s just company policy or if it’s a ticket/accident. I don’t know how long they have. But there is a time limit on sending you a letter after they are notified. I don’t remember what the timeline is though.

They have to send you a certified letter on any charge whether it’s just company policy or if it’s a ticket/accident. I don’t know how long they have. But there is a time limit on sending you a letter after they are notified. I don’t remember what the timeline is though.
AT New Penn it was always within 7 days, but now that we are Yellow, I'm not sure .

Southern Region they have 10 working days to issue any disciplinary action starting from the date of knowledge of the incident. The company may extend it 15 more working days if an investigation letter is issued within the 10 day time frame.

D94C6D1A-6C3B-4F92-A990-C2624438C4C5.md.jpg

Southern Region they have 10 working days to issue any disciplinary action starting from the date of knowledge of the incident. The company may extend it 15 more working days if an investigation letter is issued within the 10 day time frame.

D94C6D1A-6C3B-4F92-A990-C2624438C4C5.md.jpg
We had a guy come back from a major accident his fault because the company didn't send the letter in time lucky for him.

Accidents. HA.

You get into the big stuff destroy tens of thousands in property and the dispatch loads you next run.

But rub a tire on the curb just a little bit to leave a mark.... you are fired. I come out of school scared to death of actually having a wreck. Well... I dont worry about the little ones that came along at some point now and again. Its the really bad ones that were avoided that would have involved life, death and imprisonment etc.