Yellow | Chicago Heights is being gutted. Long term plan or "no vote" revenge?

yrcobserver

TB Lurker
Credits
Massive layoffs at the Heights, 26 already on the dock alone, another 50+ will be announced by tomorrow afternoon. Bulk of work diverting to Columbus. A departing lead sprvsr says the 710 dock board will be down to about 180 by the end of the year. It was over 900 when the twop companies were combined. Is this a plan or revenge?

Massive layoffs at the Heights, 26 already on the dock alone, another 50+ will be announced by tomorrow afternoon. Bulk of work diverting to Columbus. A departing lead sprvsr says the 710 dock board will be down to about 180 by the end of the year. It was over 900 when the twop companies were combined. Is this a plan or revenge?

Probably both. It is not for me to worry about anymore. The more that YRC diverts freight around Chicago, the harder it will be for YRC to be a more profitable company again.

I guess Zollars and team see the heights as a bottleneck.

In one of Zollars recent interviews he said this ;

Zollars: We have to have the ability to grow, but in this business it’s fairly fungible capacity on the upside. We can always re-route shipments around bottlenecks and add drivers. There’s a good 15% upside potential to the existing network without straining the network.

Stocks To Watch Today - Barrons.com

Is there any way to be profitable with 1,000 employees in one city? The current idea is downsize to become profitable. Beyond that, the only thing yrcw is doing to possibly gain business is lowering compensation. Who's up for more givebacks?

More give backs? I am glad I can sit aside and watch how that will play out. It does say on the back of the new YRC trailers "YES WE CAN", like the old saying for the Yellow Freight motto. So I guess anything is possible. It could be a subliminal message of the future for YRC and their current, active employees.

A proud heart can survive general failure because such a failure does not ***** its pride.
ThanksForYourSupport.jpg

You think? I told guys that when it was after round 2 of voting. You will be faded out due to lack of cooperation. It was only a matter of time. Sorry!

You think? I told guys that when it was after round 2 of voting. You will be faded out due to lack of cooperation. It was only a matter of time. Sorry!
IMO, all YRC is trying to do is to gut out the union membership. The question is how much will the membership continue to bend before it finally decides to break? I don't see the membership being one of the "The Fantastic Four" heroes (MR. Fantastic), where they continue to stretch for YRC. Sooner or later there has to be a limit of standards for everyone. Then again some people share the same features as the "Fantastic Four." Some drivers act like the "Invisible Woman", as if they weren't there. The drivers' drive the trucks going through traffic, like "Thing" runs through walls, and they are always hurry like "The Human Torch." Actually, it makes perfect sense. Come on everyone from YRC, time to be a super-trucker: FLAME ON! :Flame-On: :biglaugh:

Life is not a make-believe world. You apparently watch way too many cartoons. My advice; read more non-fiction books. Study your History. Pray more or or more often.

Life is not a make-believe world. You apparently watch way too many cartoons. My advice; read more non-fiction books. Study your History. Pray more or or more often.
It is a pretty good example of people standing together and fighting the evils of a company. The Chicago Stock Yards for the Teamsters is a part of history to value. Too bad we don't have those people that share the fought sacrifices they have provided for us here today. Praying is good, but taking a stand together to corporate BS is another good deed, as well. I just hope everyone has mastered the stance of the "Karate Kid's" (Crane-Kick-Stance) ready for YRC, when the time comes to take on more corporate BS.

I watch cartoons too and am wondering what those things that did George Jetson's house work were called ? Started with an R ????????

Already hearing rumors about extending the pension payments again. If true - you better get your black belt on or the Vaseline to take it up the rear AGAIN. It's all your choice.

It is a pretty good example of people standing together and fighting the evils of a company. The Chicago Stock Yards for the Teamsters is a part of history to value. Too bad we don't have those people that share the fought sacrifices they have provided for us here today. Praying is good, but taking a stand together to corporate BS is another good deed, as well. I just hope everyone has mastered the stance of the "Karate Kid's" (Crane-Kick-Stance) ready for YRC, when the time comes to take on more corporate BS.

That all sounds good, the truth and reality is that the law is against us. The courts are against us, the Union representitives have their hands tied and they do alot of worrying about their own interests. Anybody that knows me knows that I stood up. In meetings with Union and company officials, I loved the company meetings, 25 people in a group and 2 union guys have the testoserone to take them to task.

I have to shake my head at what has become of our Union and the labor movement and our country, the United States of America. I feel the same way about the 2nd amendment. Yeah, we have our guns. But, what can you do with it? If you gang up and march to the capitol with your guns to take your beloved country back, the National Guard will shoot you down before you cross a state line. I have little hope for the future of the Labor rank and file.

maybe chicago should have voted with there brothers the whole give back sucks but if all the other teamsters are willing to take a hit to try to save this company then chicago should have gone along with them and not stand alone now they are alone good luck what goes around comes around

The real question is, do they allow for another nation-wide vote to take place on it again?

There won't have to be another national vote. In the MOU it states that there will be certain marks that YRCW will have to make, (profit, payments to bond holders, etc) and if those marks are not met, they can extend the deferment on the pension plan, without a vote being taken.

I think the next 20 years from now. Man and machine will be treated as equals. Ever hear of Nano-technology?

Actually, Yes! My son is in college studying that very subject of "Nano-Technology", it is very fascinating that a robot can be injected into your body and it will digest a tumor or cancer. He got all his intelligence from his mother, so don't ask.

There won't have to be another national vote. In the MOU it states that there will be certain marks that YRCW will have to make, (profit, payments to bond holders, etc) and if those marks are not met, they can extend the deferment on the pension plan, without a vote being taken.

Extend the deferments=never ever again will the pension payments be restored to what they were.Can we say 401K!!!!