Chicago,il road drivers

ltlfan

TB Lurker
Credits
Do any of you know if they are hiring road driver out of the elk gove terminal? Also what do they run turns? laydowns? a little of both. Also what is the starting pay. Thanks!!!

elk grove is more than likely not hiring as shevell is considering closing that terminal due to it not making any money. the employees there have been told there may be cuts and or closure. they are re-evaluating the situation month by month

Wow..i alwys thought they were pumping freight out of that terminl....dont surprise me..and supports what i have been hearing...watch by years end..more fat cut

elk grove is more than likely not hiring as shevell is considering closing that terminal due to it not making any money. the employees there have been told there may be cuts and or closure. they are re-evaluating the situation month by month

I don't know where you get your info from, but it's wrong.

Elk Grove is one of the busiest terminals in the system.

Jm, you've got the issue completely backwards, and there are other challenges there too. Hopefully things will work out out there, NEMF needs that area for the long term.

yeah the chicago area is a busy hub...that would be great if the terminal can turn things around to keep going for the long term..i have heard a new tm and regional manager are out there

I don't know where you get your info from, but it's wrong.

Elk Grove is one of the busiest terminals in the system.

They're all busy. Problem is we havent made any money for the last two years, or at least that is what is being said.

Chicago is a great area for freight, but, ya gotta do more than Chicago metro to be successful, if NEMF wont cover the whole state and northern Indiana, it wont work.

Most "shippers" want a company that can do the whole deal or they just give the freight to another company that can, equals less headaches for them. Doesnt matter how low the rate.

Nothing personal here, just the way it is. I dont see Chicago surviving unless NEMF expands the coverage area. Dont see that happening anytime soon, so, update your resume and be ready to start looking. Course, its just an opinion, the opinion expressed could be wrong, just looking at the (brace yourself) big picture.

Thats why they are a player in the NE, got most of the terminals here and most of the customers too. The midwest might be a good area, but trying to break in and compete with some of the BIG companies, kinda hard to do.

Time will tell.

i got the info from mr.shevell so i doubt its wrong. being busy doesn't mean its making money

Well then, if you heard it from M.S. you weren't listning very good.
When he mentions "month to month" what he's talking about is the lease on the Elk Grove terminal.
Our 3 yr lease is up...the owners wanted to raise the rent but M.S. told them to go scratch...the economy being what it is.

We got the rent cut in half from 55K a month and are doing a month to month lease because we've outgrown this terminal & need a bigger one soon.