ABF | Chicago new hire question

notmyname

TB Lurker
Credits
So I just wrapped up an interview for what I thought was the Sauk Village terminal. The interviewer said if hired I'd be on call (which I knew) at all three terminals (which I didn't know). Does anyone know it that's on a daily basis, like can you get called for Bedford Park one day and Des Plains the next? Or is it SV for a few weeks and BP for a few?

That’s wild. I almost applied for that position. I’m 30 miles south of Sauk Village. No way I’d commute to those other centers. Hope it works out for you.

I totally got the 2 hour call part. I was just wondering about how they usually played it as far as location. Could someone be called to work at different terminals from day to day?

You will be on call until you get off the Extra Board. You need to know how to use a Two Wheel dolly and also a Hand Jack. You will be delivering from a 48 or 45 foot Lift Gate Trailer if you are working as a City Driver. The freight will be over size or too Heavy for the Lift Gate. Dispatcher will be a Dick and of no help to you. Good Luck to you!

So I just wrapped up an interview for what I thought was the Sauk Village terminal. The interviewer said if hired I'd be on call (which I knew) at all three terminals (which I didn't know). Does anyone know it that's on a daily basis, like can you get called for Bedford Park one day and Des Plains the next? Or is it SV for a few weeks and BP for a few?
Never heard of this!
It seems someone doesn’t know what they’re talking about!
Could be , me!

Yeah, thats why I asked the question here. Thought maybe she was wrong about the three terminal part. 2 hour call is pretty standard but those locations arent all that close.

Unfortunately, yes. Till you get a bid you could bounce around.

Did they tell you about the Short weeks and the lay-offs that Happen around the Holiday season