Yellow | Chicago revote?

revote

705 & 710 are meeting with YRC on 9/14, we'll know more after that. Union told YRC that we will not revote the "same package", expect a vote of some type. Vote no on that one too!

That wasn't half bad Chicago. I had tickets for Judas Priest in the 80-90's(like I could remember the year) in Milwaukee ...walked in, did a U turn, and immediately walked back out....guess I should have stayed a little longer. Not bad. Medal Gods....hmmmmm.

That wasn't half bad Chicago. I had tickets for Judas Priest in the 80-90's(like I could remember the year) in Milwaukee ...walked in, did a U turn, and immediately walked back out....guess I should have stayed a little longer. Not bad. Medal Gods....hmmmmm.

Of course the next song i should post is Heads are going to roll but i thought that was a little to harsh..

You people in Chicago land must be on drugs to not see what your doing to yourselves. I know drivers that haven't worked in 8 days because there running freight around Chicago. How easy would it be for them to build back up MIlwaukee, Southbend,Akron, Toledo, Indy, Memphis RockIsland, Nashville and just say screw Chicago Hgts. Wake up before they lay more of you brothers off. Before they lay you off go out and see if you can get another job comparible to the one you got. Wake up before more of you get layed off Chicago Heights!

I am not one to run scared, but in the case of chicago. I would consider voting yes. Just look at the past practice of the company. They can starve a terminal and not bother there bottom line. Break out a map and look at the other breakbulk locations. Not that hard to figure.

Here is an example; A few years back they made us a 6 day operation for a while. We thought no way possible. There was so much overtime it couldn't happen. That week that it went into effect you would have thought someone plugged the damn. Next thing we know people were on layoff. Freight went to SLC,KC & Dal. Don't know the exact date but it happened to KC about 16 years ago.

To sum it up the company isn't going to lose the business it will just shift it and chicago loses out. Just something ti think about.

I am not one to run scared, but in the case of chicago. I would consider voting yes. Just look at the past practice of the company. They can starve a terminal and not bother there bottom line. Break out a map and look at the other breakbulk locations. Not that hard to figure.

Here is an example; A few years back they made us a 6 day operation for a while. We thought no way possible. There was so much overtime it couldn't happen. That week that it went into effect you would have thought someone plugged the damn. Next thing we know people were on layoff. Freight went to SLC,KC & Dal. Don't know the exact date but it happened to KC about 16 years ago.

To sum it up the company isn't going to lose the business it will just shift it and Chicago loses out. Just something ti think about.

Well the Holland guys Ive talked to are not going to vote again, they've said no and there not going to vote on the same proposal again. They said YRC will be coming back with another proposal, sometime nexted week, does anyone think that will happen?

They will vote again...on the same thing...it will pass. Just my opinion and time will tell. :popcorn:

They will vote again...on the same thing...it will pass. Just my opinion and time will tell. :popcorn:

Doubt it Wolf...Not enough YES men or votes in my Local...710 and 705 more in agreement than any other time in history...If a vote comes our way for a 2nd time,it will have something that benefits both Locals...TOUGH to work around Chicagoland Metro area and lots of congestion in AM and PM...I can just hear the phones ringing in the Dispatch office from customers saying WHERES MY FREIGHT (AGAIN)!!!!...Sounds like the March Merger all over!!!...What a nightmare.Hell we can't even get Time Criticals or Exact Express out the door on time and they want to move further out!!!...

Run around chicago wont happen, the rail heads are in chicago and that will save their jobs.
P.i.e. Tried to rail from danville,cf from peru,it doesnt work they need chicago. Evrything goes through them. Also who will pickup the 6000 bills a day, the members know this and will use it to their advantage. Good luck!!!!!!!!

Doubt it Wolf...Not enough YES men or votes in my Local...710 and 705 more in agreement than any other time in history...If a vote comes our way for a 2nd time,it will have something that benefits both Locals...TOUGH to work around Chicagoland Metro area and lots of congestion in AM and PM...I can just hear the phones ringing in the Dispatch office from customers saying WHERES MY FREIGHT (AGAIN)!!!!...Sounds like the March Merger all over!!!...What a nightmare.Hell we can't even get Time Criticals or Exact Express out the door on time and they want to move further out!!!...
This is one time I'm willing to be proved an idiot. I already hear the vultures chomping at the bit that going around Chicago will be good for us. Not lets figure how can we help. Sad, Hope the best for the guys no mater how they vote. :thumbsup: