Yellow | chicago revote

hemorrhoid

TB Lurker
Credits
The whole problem is honesty and credibilty,when this all started it was for 10% and no more than 10% this was all that is needed to save the company but do not touch the insurance or pension and do not come back asking for more well we all know how long that lasted YRC asks for more the international agrees,Chicago votes no then votes no again.The international takes away our white paper is even though on a video Pat F states that when he tells the the international he is willing to give up his white paper agreement he was told that it could not be done.
Now we have to vote again.
Pat F states that the vote is no longer about the pension but the 5% then in meeting is heard saying the pension is still a issue along with the 5%.
The whole thing comes down to honesty and credibilty no one really knows what to believe anymore you are lied to by YRC the international then by your local's.
Had YRC and the international been straight foward when this all started last year and said we can not promise this 10% will fix the problem and more may be needed down the road instead of lieing to get the first vote passed this would be a done deal.
No one really wants YRC to close but what are you really voting for to keep the company open or to keep 710 and 705 from going after the money that has not been paid into the pension fund or is there something else going on that we have not been told about but will find out in a couple month's down the road?

You make some very good points. It should be noted that the first concession was before slaming Rdwy and Yell together. Hence due to stupid management in the implimentaion we are in dire straits again. That is where the big FU was in my opinion, no demand for changes for our money...........Neither time. And before someone tells me about the Teamster on the board, where and who is he? :nutkick:

They lied then, now their telling the truth. But time and time again some one from Chicago is not clear on what is going on. Not an insulting remark. Maybe a communication prob with the 710 local. I don't know

And before someone tells me about the Teamster on the board, where and who is he? :nutkick:
RUN WOLF, RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4158250872_6a2415393a_o.gif

They lied then, now their telling the truth. But time and time again some one from Chicago is not clear on what is going on. Not an insulting remark. Maybe a communication prob with the 710 local. I don't know

They lied once they can do it again seems one lie compounds another goes back to honesty as to the credibility not only have Chicago local's lost there credibility it goes to the international as well,I am sure you remember the locals favorite answer's of the past--- be glad you have a job---or they can do that---and you can't forget file a grevience ---then there is that is not what the contract says even after you give the BA the page and paragraph.
Answers like this cause you to mistrust anything you are told.
I am sure you have been around long enough to have heard some of these answers and a lot more that I can not think of right now.

:USA:Why don't they let everyone vote again? Of course they want Chicago to change to a yes vote. If they let everyone vote again we probably would get more locals to join Chicago. Oh My! don't want that!
Let us all vote again after seeing that we now have three times the management on board, and only a third of the freight we used to have.
Now that they have ruined the pension and our wages, and still continue to mismanage the resources they have, I believe a lot more would vote no.
They do not want to cut management because they have to pay them severance pay.
They already have crushed our pension, so they have the green light to cut union workers to the quick.

No more, no more, no more, no more, no more!

The whole thing comes down to we all work for YRC, why should people in Chicago get paid more?

Because the IBT has allowed for white paper contracts.They are negotiated separately, and each barn that has one is entitled to that by the IBT. Like it or not, the IBT is responsible for it, and they are to blame if you think it is wrong.
That is like asking why some shops have a 2 tier wage schedule. One wage for "fuelers", one for "mechanics". Problem is, where I work, those "fuelers" can bid into the shop every 6 months. Mgt can also place them in the shop at the higher rate if they deem it necessary. It doesn't matter if you think it's fair. That is irrelevant. Fact is it is ALLOWED by the IBT.

does any1 have the numbers from the vote on the 5% and pension for all other yrc ? . im thinking that it was voted through by more yes votes than all of chicago's votes combined . so now we are all counted together and the total count will end up as a yes vote . because chitown doesnt have enough votes to change the balance.

New Penn didn't want to be merged into Holland or YRC whatever. So a yes was better than that. And they knew it would happen. Chicago was in a very strong position. No way YRC could work around the city operations. I thought they won it even at a high cost to road drivers. The concessions were agreed to on the condition that they strike a deal with the creditors and the bondholders go along. It's more than the 5%. It's the 5% and the pension. $24 million dollars. Tyson Johnson and the teamster lawyers set this up. If bondholders didn't go along the wages and benefits would be reinstated and YRC would be forced to liquidate. Bondholders will agree according to that link. YRC will beat you one way or another. The only question is 'does Chicago understand that'?

does any1 have the numbers from the vote on the 5% and pension for all other yrc ? . im thinking that it was voted through by more yes votes than all of chicago's votes combined . so now we are all counted together and the total count will end up as a yes vote . because chitown doesnt have enough votes to change the balance.

No, but YRC will have enough foreign drivers to take the freight directly to the customers in the inner city of Chicago. :clap: So now all those Yes voters can now practice their utility skills. :biglaugh: Good Luck backing those trailers in the alleys. Don't worry, those 4 wheelers respect trucks/truck drivers in Chicago. The 4 wheelers never drive in a hurry, and they are very patient on letting truckers do what they need to do to get their job done. :biglaugh: Watch out for those Obama supporters on the street corners, especially at night and on the weekends. :biglaugh:

The whole problem is honesty and credibilty,when this all started it was for 10% and no more than 10% this was all that is needed to save the company but do not touch the insurance or pension and do not come back asking for more well we all know how long that lasted YRC asks for more the international agrees,Chicago votes no then votes no again.The international takes away our white paper is even though on a video Pat F states that when he tells the the international he is willing to give up his white paper agreement he was told that it could not be done.
Now we have to vote again.
Pat F states that the vote is no longer about the pension but the 5% then in meeting is heard saying the pension is still a issue along with the 5%.
The whole thing comes down to honesty and credibilty no one really knows what to believe anymore you are lied to by YRC the international then by your local's.
Had YRC and the international been straight foward when this all started last year and said we can not promise this 10% will fix the problem and more may be needed down the road instead of lieing to get the first vote passed this would be a done deal.
No one really wants YRC to close but what are you really voting for to keep the company open or to keep 710 and 705 from going after the money that has not been paid into the pension fund or is there something else going on that we have not been told about but will find out in a couple month's down the road?

wish I COULD HAD SAID THIS,:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: AS GOOD AS YOU JUST DID!

The whole thing comes down to we all work for YRC, why should people in Chicago get paid more?

Because at the time of the 10%vote and the 2 votes on the 5% and lost 18 monthes of pension contrubitions we had a white paper agreement which is something we have had for years Chicago always had a little better contract than the national.It does not make a difference if we all work for the same company or not I'll bet if you check youll find that managment gets paid differently at other terminials than yours.