Yellow | chicago ridge not closing?

MATTHEW123

TB Lurker
Credits
heard from someone on here that chicago ridge wasnt sold cause of too much contamination and that yrc gonna reopen it when economy picks up anyone else hear this?

heard from someone on here that chicago ridge wasnt sold cause of too much contamination and that yrc gonna reopen it when economy picks up anyone else hear this?

:smilie_132: Matt! I heard the same thing BUT not WHEN the economy picks up but, IF the economy picks up. :guiness:

Never heard of authorities knowing of that much contamination and not making the current owners clean it up NOW?

When Bolingbrook gets overloaded with frieght, some of that frieght comes to the Heights. They might have to reopen the Ridge if things keep picking up.

It will pick up. The Logistics on transportation has to be at a low scale before it can pick up again. Thats how companies make money and stay in business. So don't expect a raise anytime soon in the next couple of years. Have to beat out the other competition first.

Never could figure why they would closed the Ridge when it had so much going for it's self . Big differance than the Heights . The heights in one big piece of sh-- sits right in the middle of one of the biggest crime aeras that Illinois has to offer , the place looks like a W W II prison camp . The Ridge was so much nicer safer very low crime like realy no crime ,clean modern state of the art shop close to the tollway and interstate highways lots of parkimg , shopping all around the terminal if ya needed something after work. I t was a no brainer as witch terminal was better but then again it was the lack of brains that got Yellow and the Big R in trouble in the first place . After Yellow bought the terminal from Gateway Transportation they put 7 million $ in improvements . So sad to see sitting empty now.

The only, and I mean ONLY, reason I could possible think of is that they pay less in tolls for one or two trucks. That's it.

The only, and I mean ONLY, reason I could possible think of is that they pay less in tolls for one or two trucks. That's it.
The reason that 309 stayed open and 301 was closed was because 309 has more doors than 301. Yard acreage was more with the old Neidert terminal property included. Cost of tolls I am sure was not a factor.

Wrong! It was to weed out the original Yellow's work rules that were in place that was agreed upon. It is all about total control. The only thing that is missing at 309 is the sniper guards standing on the roof, and the bars on the windows/entry way. It almost looks like a State Correctional Facility. Plus most of the workers and management live in Indiana. I never received a letter threat for seat-belt violation at 301 before. Especially, when the truck is off, and the brakes are set, just to hand over the bills before pulling out the gate. I always had to remove my seat-belt to get my bills.

:BlahBlah:
:BlahBlah:​
Wrong! It was to weed out the original Yellow's work rules that were in place that was agreed upon. It is all about total control. The only thing that is missing at 309 is the sniper guards standing on the roof, and the bars on the windows/entry way. It almost looks like a State Correctional Facility. Plus most of the workers and management live in Indiana. I never received a letter threat for seat-belt violation at 301 before. Especially, when the truck is off, and the brakes are set, just to hand over the bills before pulling out the gate. I always had to remove my seat-belt to get my bills.
4154993021_262e7b9f61.jpg

MEMO

To: YRCW hazmat Division

Subject : Clean up of the Chicago Ridge Terminal

Dear Sirs we at Hazmat International have conclude are investigation of your terminal and the following HAZARD'S SUBSTANCES have been found in mass amount on your property .

1. Amount over 100 parts per 1000 of Hi-Karate cologne this is a volition of federal standards !
2 Amount over 200 parts per 1000 of Brylcreem this is a volition of federal standards !
3 Amount over 500 parts per 1000 of Old Spice aftershave this is a volition of federal standards !
4 Amount over 900 parts per 1000 of Estrogen this is a volition of federal standards and just plain weird !

We found most of these HAZARD'S SUBSTANCES to be mainly around the break rooms , bathrooms , dispatch windows , ready and drop line . Please advise our company as soon as possible if you wish us to clean this property our estimate for clean up is 10 Million dollars and 17 cents .

Waaaaaah!!!!

I guess they couldn't find that trailer FULL of pacifiers. Last time I heard it was near the dispatch office with that other trailer full of Pampers!:biglaugh:

Didn't see any former Roadways/YRC members at the Local 710 Union Meeting this past Sunday either. My guess is they were too busy with the dispatcher's pacifier to get a better run at 309. By the way, Yellow Freight wasn't the only trucking company there before. Yellow wasn't there till the late 1970's.

Yellow moved the break from Effingham to Chicago Ridge in Sept, of 82 . for a short time after they moved out of 39th. street Yellow moved in to the old Dorhn Transfer dock [ the original Dohrn not the one thats around today , thats the gransons operation ] . They had bought 103rd. street from Gateway and Yellow moved to 103rd. and Gateway moved to the Dohrn dock in Bedford Park . traded docks . After that Gateway was already owned by Maslin out of Canada and they just closed them down. Shame Gateway was a great outfit , big union company .