Yellow | chicago ridge

if one was to be put on at chicago ridge, road, is there anyway to avoid sleeper teams?would one be forced on teams with no whiskers?

All I can tell you is that when your on the bottom you play the cards your delt,I'm sure that when your number comes up if you are needed for a team run that you will be forced on it.The only way I can think of to avoid that is to grow alot of wiskers,and guit bathing,and maybe drivers will refuse to run a team run with you.

can't grow 'em if I tryed.......

Well Supertrucker, you've picked a bad time of the year to get too picky. Unfortunatly, Sleeper runs are the only way you're going to make a paycheck at this time of the year. Try to get as far away from here as you can.....and stay out. Everytime you get back to CGB (Chicago Ridge) you will be sent home where you will remain until the freight gods see fit to send you some work again. Welcome and good luck. :1036316054:

Quit bathing,and maybe drivers will refuse to run a team run with you.[/QUOTE]

Darn it Buf......I may end up with him?!:hide:

if one was to be put on at chicago ridge, road, is there anyway to avoid sleeper teams?would one be forced on teams with no whiskers?

Either one or two things are going to happen if you get hired on at Chicago.

1.) Being at the bottom of the extra board, you're going to sit at home waiting for your phone to ring for a solo run. This could be a couple of days or it could be a couple of weeks depending on how freight is moving.

2.) You're going to be forced out on a team.

Either way you can cancel any plans that you have for the weekend, because that's when you're most likely to get out. I seriously doubt that you'll be able to avoid the teams without affecting your ability to make money.

I know a way to avoid teams....

I got forced on a team out of STP when I worked at the ole yellow. It was the worst experience I've had trucking. I didn't get any sleep because I didn't trust the arse in the drivers seat while I was in the bunk. After a long 2 days I got back and told the dispatcher that I was never going back with another team run. I went to the doctor and told him I am a LIGHT sleeper and that I was unable to sleep in a loud, moving vehicle. Doctor wrote me a note saying I was suffering from exaustion and must get adequate sleep in a quiet, stationary area. NO truck sleepers for one year. Took it to the linehaul mgr and he checked it with the hall and boom... no more getting forced on teams.

If you have less than 5 years in at CGB and are working the road, don't complain. I have over 4 years at CVE and may be babysitting the phone just to work on the dock.