Yellow | Chicago

Did anyone notice over the last couple weeks no mention of the situation in Chicago ???

You mean the fact that if they voted NO that it would shut down and the world would end and there would be everlasting torment, fire and brimestone and gnashing of the teeth?

Did anyone notice over the last couple weeks no mention of the situation in Chicago ???
And if we all did the same there would have been the same reaction but there are to may P's posing as Teamsters to busy :butt kiss: YRC big behind.

I'd like to know who is picking up all the CGB freight? Was there a Coo sending it to other terminals?

Screw Chicago

Why should they still have a pension contribution and the other 95% of the workers do not? I hope the company buries Chicago. They deserve everything they have coming to them . This is'nt 1970 anymore. The only thing they have proved by "standing proud" with their no votes is how to cut your own throat. They are the red headed step children of this company. time to cut them loose. Stand by all you windy city knuckleheads......your time is coming.

I wish nothing bad to happen to my brothers and sisters in the Chicago locals that voted down the give backs and 18 month of no pensions. As teamsters they had that right. But after being told that it could mean there jobs by there locals, and the IBT if they are out so be it. Good luck

Well if you think about it the only way for yrc to save money, the 5% and the pension money is to lay them off, will that happen? Have to wait and see.

Well if you think about it the only way for yrc to save money, the 5% and the pension money is to lay them off, will that happen? Have to wait and see.

I heard from a linehaul driver out of Chigago that they laid off 30 today. Also something big coming down next month! Could it be another change? We are doing more directs and are busy as hell!

Why should they still have a pension contribution and the other 95% of the workers do not? I hope the company buries Chicago. They deserve everything they have coming to them . This is'nt 1970 anymore. The only thing they have proved by "standing proud" with their no votes is how to cut your own throat. They are the red headed step children of this company. time to cut them loose. Stand by all you windy city knuckleheads......your time is coming.

Spoken like a good little company corporate slave boy. The other thing that got proven was that we'll stand when the rest of you can't or won't. I blame no man for doing what he has to. But I hold the ultimate contempt for those who would look down their noses and spout ::shit:: at the one's who are willing to fight. Eventually we all get "buried", but when my time comes, at least I'll go with my dignity intact and on my feet, unlike you sir who will no doubt still be groveling upon your knees. It wasn't my nor your labor that put us into this position. It was gross inept mismanagement. The fact that I don't wish to pay for that is my choice and the choice of my fellow brothers & sisters. One more thing spineless. Watch who you dare to call a knucklehead. :nutkick:

Im sure the YRC would love to cut Chi town out of the picture, however, geographically
it would be damn near impossible to do that. It will cost them more money to run the freight around them than it worth. I do not think that anything bad will happen to them.

Im sure the YRC would love to cut Chi town out of the picture, however, geographically
it would be damn near impossible to do that. It will cost them more money to run the freight around them than it worth. I do not think that anything bad will happen to them.

Penny wise dollar foolish= YRCW

Haha, I see some are still angry that we in Chicago voted differently than you and we have not been shut down. If you stood your ground maybe you would be in the same position. Love it or hate it, Chicago is to freight like the heart is to the body, without it the rest is pretty much useless. Either way it costs much more $$$$ to go around us and service will take a dive too. You can hate us but geographically we live in the best spot in the US for freight. Look at a map and tell me which city would be better, freight companys have tried for years in other spots but stem time to and from rails and breaks is too much, EVERY company has tried and failed.

I am positive the company will punish chicago. If they lose money they will still do it. They will not allow some dock workers to stick it in they're butt..

I am positive the company will punish chicago. If they lose money they will still do it. They will not allow some dock workers to stick it in they're butt..

It was not only the dock workers that voted no,the drivers did too.They have the right to vote the way they feel. Let the cards fall where they will.

Haha, I see some are still angry that we in Chicago voted differently than you and we have not been shut down. If you stood your ground maybe you would be in the same position. Love it or hate it, Chicago is to freight like the heart is to the body, without it the rest is pretty much useless. Either way it costs much more $$$$ to go around us and service will take a dive too. You can hate us but geographically we live in the best spot in the US for freight. Look at a map and tell me which city would be better, freight companys have tried for years in other spots but stem time to and from rails and breaks is too much, EVERY company has tried and failed.
Criticism should be stopped both ways. You guys can take it to the bank, there would not have been a second vote for Chicagoland had we not bit the bullet. But you are right, Chicago is the life line of the freight industry. No hard feelings here, I made my chose as did you. GRIZZ

And then everyone stands around wondering how they lost another 150 mil this quarter. If they spend too much money "punishing" us it may cost YOU your job....still want them to play ?

It was not only the dock workers that voted no,the drivers did too.They have the right to vote the way they feel. Let the cards fall where they will.

705 city voted no
710 Dock Spot No
710 over the road Yes
710 Office Yes
710 Maintence Janitor Yes

The way it is(SO FAR)

[YT]ZsBfPhtSWl8[/YT]