ABF | Christmas holiday schedule

Swingwide

TB Lurker
Credits
is ABF going to close the Friday before or the Monday after the Christmas weekend? Looking at other LTL carriers they are either closed or reduced operations.

Christmas is on Sunday this year. so, you should be off Monday. Also, unless you are on a Sat bid, you'll just get paid for the day before Christmas.

Monday through Friday only at our center. Where are holidays in the contract?
So, you'll get just an extra 8hrs for Sat, then have Mon off. best I can remember, they are right in the same area as the pay rates. I retired in 19, under the contract you're working now. So, I don't have a copy of the contract anymore.

From a linehaul position, we usually only get off Thanksgiving and Friday, Christmas Eve and Christmas day. And depending upon your run, you may work part of Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve by coming back from a run on those days.

From a linehaul position, we usually only get off Thanksgiving and Friday, Christmas Eve and Christmas day. And depending upon your run, you may work part of Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve by coming back from a run on those days.
Im curious. Where are you able to be off on Thanksgiving and Friday in Linehaul. First year I was here in 2014 we were. Since then we have kept on working. Which is dumb since they work us both days then run all the freight out of the system and it’s slow for 2 or 3 days the start of the next week. I say they work us, but I should rephrase that, I don’t work. I have not worked Thanksgiving or the day after whether Linehaul runs or not. That’s family time. Freight can wait or they can let others run it

Im curious. Where are you able to be off on Thanksgiving and Friday in Linehaul. First year I was here in 2014 we were. Since then we have kept on working. Which is dumb since they work us both days then run all the freight out of the system and it’s slow for 2 or 3 days the start of the next week. I say they work us, but I should rephrase that, I don’t work. I have not worked Thanksgiving or the day after whether Linehaul runs or not. That’s family time. Freight can wait or they can let others run it
I never worked a Christmas and only 1 Thanksgiving in 35 yrs at Ryder.

Every year 15% of our board have Reindeer Flu over Xmas time !
Red Nose Christmas GIF

We always work Thanksgiving in the south on linehaul