FedEx Freight | City Bids?

Sorry but nobody here can point you to the policy

Damn Hubba. :wtflol: The question came out Fri. afternoon. Most didn't get it till late Fri or Sat. Contrary to popular belief, I don't carry "policy" around in my back pocket.
The fastest answer is a call to H/R, either regional or Corporate. :smilie93c peelout:

You are correct though, can't point to the policy right now, today.

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/chess-analogies I would be curious. What piece would you say you represent? And do you have a particular analogy in the game being played today? As you probably know I play chess. Far from the greatest. But I can hold my own. And could probably beat you if I had to guess. Although I have no way of knowing for sure. Do you play chess online .... ie. Pogo? In the link. Click on .... metaphors-in-chess-the-pieces ...... And tell me what you think? True? The Pawn? If you work hard you get a promotion. Priceless. And the King? Despotism can be troublesome. What do you think?

I'll look into the metaphors later... As well as the on-line chess venue. Little time for games right now.

Surely, you don't think I'm a checkers kind of guy, do ya? Is that your impression? Train... Really?

I will say that the pawn, while having the only potential for "gain" in status, is usually considered the most expendable, and is the most often sacrificed, for the greater good. While it has huge potential, it is a rare pawn that achieves "queened" status.

Surely, you don't think I'm a checkers kind of guy, do ya? Is that your impression? Train... Really?
Surely your joking. I wasn't implying that at all. Your one of the brightest posters in this forum. I thought we were way beyond that. Anyway when you get time check that link and click on metaphors-in-chess-the-pieces once your in it. I think you would enjoy the analogy. It would only take a moment. But remember when it comes to the King. We are only talking about Chess. The game. Poster Artfizz .... Post 4 .... Check it out. Then Poster cineblitz .... Post 2.

Last edited:
I will say that the pawn, while having the only potential for "gain" in status, is usually considered the most expendable, and is the most often sacrificed, for the greater good. While it has huge potential, it is a rare pawn that achieves "queened" status.
The King: Despotism can be troublesome .... The Queen: Feminism FTW .... The Knight: Quirky routes might be the key .... The Rook: Don't bring out the wall too early in a dispute .... The Pawn: If you work hard, you get a promotion.

The King: Despotism can be troublesome .... The Queen: Feminism FTW .... The Knight: Quirky routes might be the key .... The Rook: Don't bring out the wall too early in a dispute .... The Pawn: If you work hard, you get a promotion.
Corrected, and improved upon? Using the site you mentioned as a guide, adding some of my own...

The King: Despotism can be troublesome Much like real life, despite His status, the Queen holds the true power.
The Queen: Feminism FTW Femininity (See above)
The Bishop: Segregated churches can be a weakness/Broad reach but limited strength.
The Knight: Quirky routes might be the key/Don't try to break the wall when you can jump over it
The Rook: Don't bring out the wall too early in a dispute/Team work is the key
The Pawn: If you work hard, (against long odds) you MIGHT get a promotion.

Corrected, and improved upon? Using the site you mentioned as a guide, adding some of my own...

The King: Despotism can be troublesome Much like real life, despite His status, the Queen holds the true power.
The Queen: Feminism FTW Femininity (See above)
The Bishop: Segregated churches can be a weakness/Broad reach but limited strength.
The Knight: Quirky routes might be the key/Don't try to break the wall when you can jump over it
The Rook: Don't bring out the wall too early in a dispute/Team work is the key
The Pawn: If you work hard, (against long odds) you MIGHT get a promotion.
Thanks for your input. You are a worthy adversary. Maybe someday we can play a nice game of chess.

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/chess-analogies I would be curious. What piece would you say you represent? And do you have a particular analogy in the game being played today? As you probably know I play chess. Far from the greatest. But I can hold my own. And could probably beat you if I had to guess. Although I have no way of knowing for sure. Do you play chess online .... ie. Pogo? In the link. Click on .... metaphors-in-chess-the-pieces ...... And tell me what you think? True? The Pawn? If you work hard you get a promotion. Priceless. And the King? Despotism can be troublesome. What do you think?

I would welcome a challenge to a game of chess.