ABF | city drivers

driver4a1

TB Lurker
Credits
do city drivers for abf work the dock, or just drive. since it is union you just drive right. was wondering how drivers got many hours at the bottom if you only drive? beleive me i like to drive all day and not work dock but cant live on 20 hours a week.

when freight picks up i need to decide between abf, fedex or upsf.

i left driving and want to go back.

I would choose ABF between your choices. How you work will depend on the contract language at the ABF terminal you might work at. UPSF would be my last choice.

do city drivers for abf work the dock, or just drive. since it is union you just drive right. was wondering how drivers got many hours at the bottom if you only drive? beleive me i like to drive all day and not work dock but cant live on 20 hours a week.

when freight picks up i need to decide between abf, fedex or upsf.

i left driving and want to go back.

The barn I work in has a 70 man list. It is a combo barn & everyone except 4-10hr bids could be forced to do some type of occasional dockwork ....The bottom of the seniority list is usually forced on dock or pse/dock bids.

We have a 4pm outbound & a midnight inbound shift that do 99% of the dockwork....I am on the bottom of the shape & the only time that I even touch a hilo is to re-arrange something on my pedal truck...But that could change next bid & I could be forced back on the a night dock bid

A lot of the midnight shift go out in the morning on O/T and make deliveries.

At 051-WNS, we are a break bulk. We have 3 classifications under the City Cartage. They are City, Dock, and Yard. You work where you are bid unless you are interchangeable. In that case you may be bid on the Dock but if there is extra city work you would be sent out to drive in Seniority order. It sounds complicated but it isn't. We have a lot of guys that are not qualified to drive. They either work only dock or yard, no city.
HD75
PS If all you want to do is drive, may I suggest applying for the Road and not the City/Dock.

yep

Abf is a good choice. Do beware. If you so much as fart, sneeze, or have come within 20 miles of a beer you can go ahead and forget about getting hired on. Thats why they are always hiring.

I would choose ABF between your choices. How you work will depend on the contract language at the ABF terminal you might work at. UPSF would be my last choice.

I'm only 7 miles from work, and I have beer in the fridge at home, soooo......

Some days it's a challenge - work?...beer?...work?...beer?...How much is in the bank?...Work...work....work....:(

Homer Simpson for President! ...mmmmmm...beer.....

Homer Simpson for President! ...mmmmmm...beer.....

:1036316054: :1036316054: :1036316054:

483_m.jpg