FedEx Freight | City to Line

i tell you the truth i wish i had stayed in the city i run out of vbe to richmond and work on the hub you are working nite"s and your week ends on saturday then monday most of the time you are up all day everybody is at work or school then you got to work all nite. if fedex ever come"s up with road guy"s could transfer back to city and regain senority i would go back today.

I agree with 10Speed. You'd better think it over long and hard. I also would go back to the city in a heart beat "if" I didn't have to start all over on the bottom.

It depends on the situation at your barn. You may get cut.....a lot, especially the first 3 months of the year. After you gain some seniority it's not bad....if you can adjust to nights. Talk to some of the driver's that have been doing linehaul there for a while, they should have a pretty good idea how heavy the inbound/outbound freight flow is. Also ask them about the pro's and con's of linehaul...you already know the pro's and con's of P&D work. Keep in mind that it may be a somewhat lengthy process to get to a desirable linehaul position. Good luck with your decision.

jungle, i often ask my self if i want to go to line.it would make more money and be able to give my family more things and pay off some stuff but i would live a totaly opposite schedule as my wife and kids and would see them less then i do now.it would be great to beable to pay my bills better but in my case i would rather struggle with money and see my kids .it all depends on your current situation i was thinking i may switch when my kids get older and are in school.just remember this go with what makes you happy not what pays more:bananapowerslide:

Thanks for everyones response.. I have to agree, losing my City senority is a big factor..I have worked Combo driving, so nights is not really that bad for me.. I'll just have to sit down with the family and see how they feel about it and then decide.. Thanks again everyone. You all made some very good points for me to think about..:alligator: RIP Steve