SAIA | city trucks

bwana

TB Lurker
Credits
For anyone wanting a job at
saia, if you work here, they will expect you to run city trucks on the road, while city drivers run your road units in the city.
That is what happened to me. No air ride cab either, real back breakers.They do not care for you or your safety, or health!
Needless to say, I am no longer working at this company! This company really needs a union, no one looks out for the drivers.. They dont take care of the trucks or trailers either. Its a real shame, it could be a good company.. Sad situation!

I don't know about Chicago , but Ive never seen any terminal run city trucks in Linehaul. Someone put one over on you and you let them.

I have been at Saia for seven years and i have never heard of anyone forced to take a city tractor on a line haul run! I remember someone taking a city tractor on a Austin turn out of DLS.. They were told to never do that again.. When in question call central dispatch and if you don't get the answer you want call safety!! Its so funny how people will take the word of a supervisor and never question it!! WHEN YOU ARE TOLD SOMETHING YOU DON'T THINK IS RIGHT GO ABOVE THEIR HEADS!!

For anyone wanting a job at
saia, if you work here, they will expect you to run city trucks on the road, while city drivers run your road units in the city.
That is what happened to me. No air ride cab either, real back breakers.They do not care for you or your safety, or health!
Needless to say, I am no longer working at this company! This company really needs a union, no one looks out for the drivers.. They dont take care of the trucks or trailers either. Its a real shame, it could be a good company.. Sad situation!

Well bwana,
At least you had a job there. Saia wouldn't even give me a chance after I agreed to all that was offered. That was in the Chicago area too.
If a city tractor is all that's available for a run and there is nothing wrong with it then you really can't get out of it, but if there are road tractors sitting there doing nothing then anybody could always find something wrong with a city tractor. I guess you could refuse it once you had time working there and getting away with it, but if you're a new guy then it depends how much you need that job!

When I was working in the city, I had my tractor taken a couple of times for road use. It was usually a situation where there were no road tractors available and mine had A/C and a radio and semi power steering(it was a former Clark truck). It was taken by a city driver asked to make a short road run.

Needless to say I was rather put out considering what I had to drive was a collection of parts traveling in close formation.

NAH! If there was a bucket, there would be a form. He said "traveling in close formation" :hysterical: