FedEx Freight | Claiming Meals

it goes $10 bfast $10 Lunch $40 dinner which great when at another domicle. but getting repaid 2 weeks later sucks the big one

This will be my last time I can claim my layover deduction. I only made nine trips last year before FXF offered me the severance pay. Speaking of severance check, the feds took out 26 percent right off the top. TP

Ahh ok you can claim per diam for those days you are away from home. I forget what the amount is as I have not been OTR since coming here 2 years ago...YEAH!

The Federal employees are allowed to deduct 65 dollars a day, so that what I've always charged, and never had a problem with that number. Layover runs are great, you only have to drive to work every other day. That's a big deal in So. California. I'm not sure how much longer we'll have them. TP

There is a form from the IRS that will tell you how much you can take for "per diem". Check it before you do your taxes. It varies depending on where you layover. It's higher in places like Ca. but lower in Id. It can be as much as $20. a day different. So take what it tells you times the number of days that you spend overnight/layover there. Was harder when I was a system driver, running all over the west.