Climbing Stairs like a Boss!

TedWard

on the Chainwax
Credits
2013-02-06164811.jpg

2013-02-06164833.jpg

2013-02-06164952.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The video was taken after 12 or 13 hours of use, I guess you wouldn't use it at every stop, just the ones with stairs. If the batteries died, I guess I'd do it the old fashioned way :) Some of our stair stops are a real pain in the butt, especially the asian/mexican type.... their crap is the heaviest.

The video was taken after 12 or 13 hours of use, I guess you wouldn't use it at every stop, just the ones with stairs. If the batteries died, I guess I'd do it the old fashioned way :) Some of our stair stops are a real pain in the butt, especially the asian/mexican type.... their crap is the heaviest.
Most stairs I got to climb is six. Now going down steps, that's another story. Dang old buildings, lol.

We have one stop that has to be drug up 23 or 24 steps, I forget I lost count. I'm glad they don't order too much.

Just thinking about that is making me hurt. Stairs is the biggest reason why I want out of Foodservice. Someday I think the insurance companies will put a stop to the stairs because to me it's a huge safety hazard.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, I went into one place and had to bounce the groceries down fourteen steps, while the beer guy just dropped his stuff at the top of the steps, because that's what's in his contract.

I heard that the beer haulers in the Lou have a no up and down 3 stairs. Wish we had that clause in our contract. Yo Ted if your a 5 am start that thing will be gone just like the power jacks. :-)

GT I've never seen you like this about your job. I hope everything works out for ya and turn find something better

We have a stop that has 65 steps no elevator they order twice a week 85 to 200 cases sysco sends to guys to work one stop

We have a stop that has 65 steps no elevator they order twice a week 85 to 200 cases sysco sends to guys to work one stop

Thats awful! We wouldn't do it, whoever had the route would get stuck with it...alone. Just remember, there has been more than one customer that has been run off by the driver :)

There seriously needs to be a line drawn when it comes to stairs. I think management should go do that stop one time to see how they like it.

There seriously needs to be a line drawn when it comes to stairs. I think management should go do that stop one time to see how they like it.

I agree, but thats because I'm concerned about my body and my equipment, (2 wheeler, my right arm), the way the company sees it and the way sales sees it, its revenue, I understand their way of thinking, they understand mine, but mine don't count in the world of business.

I will never understand why a company thinks it's ok for drivers to bounce a 200-400 lb 2 wheeler up and down stairs. To me it's a huge safety hazard especially in these northern states where you get snow on your boots and you just slide. I've had a few to many scares going down steps. Like I said before I can maybe see insurance companies putting a stop to it