XPO | Closure/merger thread.

You are correct...less than 1% of the total workforce will be let go, and the 25% you speak of includes management, CSRs, and AEs...
I have heard that some managers were being offered positions as AEs in absorbing or other service centers, but many are still making decisions so not sure who or how many will wind up where...

I work for yellow and I ran a certain route for a few years.....your salesman followed me from stop to stop one day.....I finally said to him listen if u want to know where I am going buy me lunch and we will discuss it lol.........Trust me that guy putting it out there which terminal is closing is cmmon knowledge if not now very shortly. Whether it is:1036316054: yellow or conway or eastes or whomever they know all the customers of everyone

The sales person that followed you must have been a moron.
There are no secerets in this industry. Everybody knows where the freight is and who is hauling it.

Perhaps he thought you were cute.

There are no secerets in this industry. Everybody knows where the freight is and who is hauling it.

Not sure if he thought I was cute or not but I found out at the time he was a new salesman so that is probably why he was following me:chairshot:

look i know this sucks for everyone. but shops are closing too and i dont think the mechanics are being offered a transfer to another place maybe they are. i know we are picking up all but 1 triple run from xsb and getting more drivers and equipment and we cant keep up with what we have now. it would be ideal if we could get a mechanic from say xml or ft wayne but i sont think its realistic. we also are going to be servicing some of xml trucks on reship from my understanding. anyway i hope all affected can move on with conway or someone else in this horrible economy

Any sales person following a competitor around IS a moron, because there are too many tools available to guide you to the business...

Xpa

East region closures I know.

XCL looses FAC.
XSN closes for good. City and FAC.
XAY gains both FAC's.

XSN Sharon, Pa
XMR Mentor, Oh
XLC Lancaster, Oh
XLM Lima, Oh
XXD Dansville, NY
XUC Utica, NY
XPA Pottsville, Pa
XDC Dayton, NJ
XSQ Spring Valley, NY

I might have missed a few but those are accurate.

As far as XSN.

40 drivers to XAY, 21 to XLF, 2 to XAQ, and 2 or 3 to XPB.

XAY gains most of Sharon's P&D.

XLF is gaining XSN's east and north p&d territory.

XPB and XAQ must be gaining the far south region of Sharon's former territory.

I'm lucky that I am not tied down with a house or family, and have enough seniority to make the move I want.

I'm not religious, but my thoughts and prayers are with the drivers who cannot move with the freight. I genuinely wish all those affected nothing but the best of luck.

I wonder how many dsr's Pottsville, PA is losing? That terminal was small and I figure if they are closing that one, Reading, PA will fall next. I never understood why they opened Reading & Pottsville in the first place. That happened after I left CW but it never seemed correct. When UPS freight got into the ltl business, that changed the whole game for all ltl companies. I am speaking on the east coast because that's where I reside and know. XAN is a leased building and that's always was a problem I had. It's like renting a home, you can leave very quickly. In my opinion the smartest thing conway could do around the Lehigh Valley is move get more centralized and BUY a building between Bethlehem & Easton.

I think we all understand what the company is doing to keep itself competive, its the way their doing it that is wrong. When you let 10, 15, 20 year veterens of the company go and keep drivers with 1 year senority over them, its wrong. These other terminals are taking the freight of the closing terminals and drivers cant follow the freight because they say they only need a certain amount of drivers to cover it. And lower senority drivers at the terminal taking there freight get to keep their jobs. Tell me, how is that right. What happened to integrity, commitment. The company want us to follow their core values, but they dont.

I see where your complaint is coming from. Here are my thoughts on the rationale behind it (My opinion, I don't know how corporate came to actual decision)

First, the albility for a DSR to follow freight should have been (and as far as I know was) based on Senority. Therefore the high level DSRs could choose which facility to go to. But I am sure the not everyone had a choice of a facility they wanted to go to. I don't know of any specific facilities where the top 70% of the DSRs could not follow freight to the surrounding facilities. If the bottom 30% have 10+ years that is an amazing facility that has an unbelievable DSR retention rate... Every DSR (That I am aware of) was given the option to transfer somewhere in the company, While this may not have been the best choice, everyone (as far as I know) was given a choice.

I understand your point that senority should bump the younger levels at the terminal gaining freight. But look at it from the view of the facility gaining the people and freight. In order to do this you would have to either lay off or transfer the people at the gaining facility as well as paying to transfer the people moving into the gaining location. This would cause double transfer costs an dbe a huge waste of resources. It is not effective from a financial standpoint...

Like I said, this is my thoughts, I don't know the actual reasoning...

MG