FedEx Freight | CMH is violatong hours os service rules for the rebid!!!

wow i didnt think someone would actually take the time to complain about getting a two minute call to bid they complain when they take runs they complain when they dont get the run they want they complain when the miles are too short man just shut up and bid what do you do go inside a sleep chamber for ten hours

If it was a job interview, you would get out off bed. Get up and make the call. It determines how much money you will make. It would be irresponsible not to.

This is probably the nit pickenist thread I have ever read. I hope nobody loses sleep tossing and turning trying to decide whether or not to answer the phone.

at our barn if you dont answer the phone when we are bidding you will be put on the extra board.the last two times we bid we had at least one that got put on the extra board because they didnt answer the phone.

Every time we re-bid, it's 2 hours in the AM and 2 hours in the PM!

They give a certain number of guys a 15 minute window in the AM and they start back up in the PM. every driver gets a 15 minute window to call in and it's also on the bid sheet what your bid time is, therefore, no one's sleep is interrupted!

rodedawg said:
Every time we re-bid, it's 2 hours in the AM and 2 hours in the PM!

They give a certain number of guys a 15 minute window in the AM and they start back up in the PM. every driver gets a 15 minute window to call in and it's also on the bid sheet what your bid time is, therefore, no one's sleep is interrupted!

This makes way too much sense.

It only takes one fool to mess it up for everyone the last thing you want is for your center to follow every rule in the book...only calling you 9 1/2 hours after you gate...only offering out runs 2 hours before show..so if you are #1 on the extra board and they have a 400 mile run leaving at 730 and 600 mile run at 745 they can only offer you the 730 show and the guy below you runs the big run...pick your battles you boys at cmh have alot to learn

You *** holes must be senior drivers who kiss ass.

A friend of mine at Old Dominion told me that in an attempt to get more FedEx freight drivers to come to work at OD, they're installing anti-bacterial soap in the bathrooms at all their terminals! So vote with your feet purplepuddle, and go get that job at OD, they won't wake you up when you're getting your desperately needed beauty sleep!!!

ST