Yellow | Collecting Pension

Mushroom

TB Lurker
Credits
Initiated collecting pension from Local 63. Being told it will take 9-12 months to process. I am 63 years old and was with company 31 years. This seems like a very long time to process and collect. Does anyone have experience that can verify processing period? Many thanks.

Initiated collecting pension from Local 63. Being told it will take 9-12 months to process. I am 63 years old and was with company 31 years. This seems like a very long time to process and collect. Does anyone have experience that can verify processing period? Many thanks.
They advise you to file 6 months before you retire, but they may be overwhelmed with the number of people retiring due to the bankruptcy….

Shouldn't take that long. Did you call Western Pension yourself? (800) 531-1489 Be sure you have: 1) Your original or a CERTIFIED copy of your birth certificate. 2) Your Social Security card 3) Any QDROs (this is a divorce decree that specifies whether you get your entire pension, or an ex-spouse gets part of it). Hopefully, you haven't gone down that road. 4) Properly complete the application, double check it, then check it again.
If you have done everything right, it may take some time, but they will back pay you to the date of your eligibility or application. Hope this helps.

Have an Attorney send them a letter have a month to begin pension payments.

alot of guys throwing in the towel,mine took about 2 months. congradulations,you will enjoy it!