Yellow | Collecting Pension

Retiring is about as much of a once in a lifetime as it gets. You went through an entire life of work to get there. The local is supposed to be on your side. It's a shame if that has to be ruined by paperwork

Retiring is about as much of a once in a lifetime as it gets. You went through an entire life of work to get there. The local is supposed to be on your side. It's a shame if that has to be ruined by paperwork
There is a procedure for all of it that must be followed. They have to make sure you get credit for ALL time. They have to look for any lost time you have. Many of you may be divorced, and a spouse is entitled to part of the Pension also. Here is a good one. Many years back a driver from another company was killed on his Atlanta to New Orleans run. His spouse and kids were to have to his Pension and Life Insurance. That Monday morning his spouse's name was called in the lobby of our Local and two (2) women stood up and came in. Neither one had known he was married to them both. He had a family in ATL and one in New Orleans! Long story short, it was all resolved and in fairness that is all I will tell, BUT that's why they want your spouse to come with you to sign papers and/or bring marriage license or any divorce papers to research the Pension benefit. When I retired, I went in March of that year and did all my paper work and retired on July 31st after I finished 4 weeks of vacation and received my first CSPF deposit the next day.

I'm as far away from trucking! (ltl) or a dock as I can be.
It's all ancient history to me. I didn't work in ltl all my life.
I was 30 years old when I took a job at big r.
I am so glad I had other work experiences prior.
I knew some guys who were there since they were 18.
I cannot imagine one job my whole life. Some of those guys were still there with 40 years and not even 60 years old yet. Couldn't retire. I hope they have by now. Hope.

I barely come in here anymore.
No reason seeing how they are gone now.
Not to diss the people who lost jobs.
But damn. They were way beyond the expiration date.
Couldn't shuffle the deck anymore.
Everyone knew it would be coming.
Now. I don't need mirrors. Sun visors. We'll sometimes.
As for bulbs.... I have a nice bright house. And plenty of sunshine coming in the windows.
Happy. Happy.
Keep those mirrors polished and the visors free of dust.
Your doin a good job! 😜😜

I'm as far away from trucking! (ltl) or a dock as I can be.
It's all ancient history to me. I didn't work in ltl all my life.
I was 30 years old when I took a job at big r.
I am so glad I had other work experiences prior.
I knew some guys who were there since they were 18.
I cannot imagine one job my whole life. Some of those guys were still there with 40 years and not even 60 years old yet. Couldn't retire. I hope they have by now. Hope.

I barely come in here anymore.
No reason seeing how they are gone now.
Not to diss the people who lost jobs.
But damn. They were way beyond the expiration date.
Couldn't shuffle the deck anymore.
Everyone knew it would be coming.
Now. I don't need mirrors. Sun visors. We'll sometimes.
As for bulbs.... I have a nice bright house. And plenty of sunshine coming in the windows.
Happy. Happy.
Keep those mirrors polished and the visors free of dust.
Your doin a good job! 😜😜
Mystic, I'm sure you're old enough to recall before the LED days, things were not so bright. :lmao:

I filed in August, CSPF. Other than having to send in a statement regarding my part time employment, everything seems to be moving. Have a rep from the pension helping me, she’s been very responsive and helpful. Should have checks starting in 2 weeks.

There is a procedure for all of it that must be followed. They have to make sure you get credit for ALL time. They have to look for any lost time you have. Many of you may be divorced, and a spouse is entitled to part of the Pension also. Here is a good one. Many years back a driver from another company was killed on his Atlanta to New Orleans run. His spouse and kids were to have to his Pension and Life Insurance. That Monday morning his spouse's name was called in the lobby of our Local and two (2) women stood up and came in. Neither one had known he was married to them both. He had a family in ATL and one in New Orleans! Long story short, it was all resolved and in fairness that is all I will tell, BUT that's why they want your spouse to come with you to sign papers and/or bring marriage license or any divorce papers to research the Pension benefit. When I retired, I went in March of that year and did all my paper work and retired on July 31st after I finished 4 weeks of vacation and received my first CSPF deposit the next day.
I heard similar stories about drivers that had Laredo runs.

Because I had time in two Teamster Pension Funds I was told it would take six months to process my retirement.
I put in for my retirement at the end of December 2008 and received notification that my retirement would begin on the first of June 2009.

Last edited:
Because I had time in two Teamster Pension Funds I was told it would take six months to process my retirement.
I put in for my retirement at the end of December 2008 and received notification that my retirement would begin on the first of June 2009.
I told them I was broke, they sent me a check by carrier pigeon the next day.
I was going to eat the bird but didn't have the heart.

LOL Things have changed. the rep talked us through ( Well Mrs. Skull) how to scan, attach, and send in everything birth certs, marriage license, shoe size, etc. we did it all on the computer. Only issue I have is my part time job. I'm driving the bookmobile for the city I live in. Unfortunately, they were teamsters and when the Governor of Wisconsin initiated act 10 (His plan to eliminate organized labor in Wisconsin) they were decertified. Now driving the bookmobile is restricted employment since it has air brakes. I can work 40 hours a month. I haven't checked into anything, but in principle, the fact that I can't pick up any extra hours in case someone is sick seems a bit ticky tack. Just means the book bus can't go to the school that day. But I guess " in order to protect the members" takes precedence.

Last edited: