FedEx Freight | ..... Come On Down, You Are The Next Contestant On "The Price Is Wrong"

petes4891

TB Lurker
Credits
Thought it would be a" what the hell" idea if everyone took a shot at how much of a raise you think we will get whenever they decide to give one. Then when the time comes we can all scroll through endless posts trying to find who either nailed it or came closest. No showcase showdown, no grand prize, all you win is TB FedEx forum bragging rights to guessing how many pennies from Freds Rolls Royce ashtray hes gonna throw at us..........:couch:

I'll start the bidding at a whopping: $0.85
Next contestant.......

$2.00/hr raise (to offset delayed raise and dampen union talk), FOLLOWED by INCREASE in insurance cost in Jan. equal to about $1.00/hr. NET GAIN: Approx $1.00/hr :nutkick:

It's not gonna be a normal number. Considering all the talk of the union I would say $1.07 how ever out Heath care will go up 23.86 a week. So at the end of the day less than 50 cents. But I did hear the purple monster is gonna lube up before jamming us.

you-lose-o.gif

Word on the street is that they are moving to "merit increases" like the express division. No more universal raises. They'll be based on points, missed gate times, safety infractions, corrective actions, and recommendations from your OM.

Drum roll please: FXF loves odd numbers. Top of scale raise will be 73 cents an hour and 1.3 cents per mile. I don't get a raise. TP

Word on the street is that they are moving to "merit increases" like the express division. No more universal raises. They'll be based on points, missed gate times, safety infractions, corrective actions, and recommendations from your OM.

yea, and we will go back retroactively 5 years, so if ya have points dating back that far "screw you" lmao

That's the way my company does it. Why not? Why should the slacker/bum get the same compensation as someone who does their job above par?

Guardrail

That's the way my company does it. Why not? Why should the slacker/bum get the same compensation as someone who does their job above par?

Guardrail
It wouldn't be fair because volume drivers and guys chasing equipment or stuck on the dock wouldn't show any production. Personally I work my ass off and would love merit raises.

$.65 per hour and $.015 per mile but, I agree with Nasvegas. If the union has it's foot half in the door by October, raises will be held back and part of contract negotiations.

This one I whole heartedly beleive! !!!! That way there they can really yank your noodle! !!! !!!!!

I don't know why everyone complains about this. I have gotten a raise , besides the 3 yearly increases until top pay, every year since I have been here. Before fedex I don't think I ever got one. When I worked percentage guys used to say well when rates go up you get a raise. Company had them hoodwinked. Tried to explain to them yeah but so do they they which means they ain't giving us squat. At least it is going in the right direction. It is the same within any profession. If you ask the majority will complain. They could give us 2 dollars and 5 cents a mile every year and people would whine.

I don't know why everyone complains about this. I have gotten a raise , besides the 3 yearly increases until top pay, every year since I have been here. Before fedex I don't think I ever got one. When I worked percentage guys used to say well when rates go up you get a raise. Company had them hoodwinked. Tried to explain to them yeah but so do they they which means they ain't giving us squat. At least it is going in the right direction. It is the same within any profession. If you ask the majority will complain. They could give us 2 dollars and 5 cents a mile every year and people would whine.

Raises that don't keep up with inflation (cost of living) are not, in fact raises at all. Factor in the annual insurance cost increases and real compensation has gone down incrementally since the FedEx purchase. True story. That is how you go from top paid (non union) LTL to among the lowest over a number of years.