FedEx Freight | ..... Come On Down, You Are The Next Contestant On "The Price Is Wrong"

Remember, right now WE ARE the lowest paid LTL carrier. So, to keep up with that label, .22 per hour and .01 per mile. You know FedEx takes pride in treating it's employees worst than worms!!!!

We're going to get $5.50 an hour increase, road gets $1.50 mile increase oh wait a minute That's what we think we're worth, never mind.

Raises that don't keep up with inflation (cost of living) are not, in fact raises at all. Factor in the annual insurance cost increases and real compensation has gone down incrementally since the FedEx purchase. True story. That is how you go from top paid (non union) LTL to among the lowest over a number of years.
If they aren't raises, what are they? If you are making more, they are raises. Not taking home more, being compensated more. There are a vast majority in this industry that still make the same as 5 years ago.

Guardrail

If they aren't raises, what are they? If you are making more, they are raises. Not taking home more, being compensated more. There are a vast majority in this industry that still make the same as 5 years ago.

Guardrail

Do the vast majority need education/pre-shifts on how to get out of a truck or other mindless crap every month? Do they get pounded day in and day out about rules and safety then asked to break the law and policy shortly after? Are they also held to a higher standard then have targets placed on their backs? I have worked at quite a few other companies and the vast majority is treated a lot better than we are at my terminal. I'm semi jealous of the guys who either work at a small center and are treated half decent or the ones who are just in la-la land and infatuated with the purple promise.

I was of the understanding that the yearly so called "raises" were "cost of living" increases, I never paid any mind to that term until I started at AF. A real raise to me is the COL increase along with something reflecting my hard work and job well done, like my wife gets every year for busting her little tail......As to whether it keeps pace with the rate of inflation or not, or ends up as an increase here but a decrease there is just another reason(s) to possibly be disgruntled on top of all the other stuff going on, rightfully so. I don't think we'll ever see the day where we make at the top wages where we are in step with inflation, and compensated individually for our own toil. They're only gonna pay what they wanna pay and take away somewhere else, always. So, regardless of what it really is or isn't, I would just call any increase in my hourly or mileage pay as a raise, or a pay increase? The old compensation "shell game"

Last edited by a moderator:

Guardrail

1) I completely disagree! Cost of living goes up constantly (most of the time) and if our pay rate is not adjusted accordingly on annual basis, our buying power goes DOWN (not up). If they merely match inflation, buying power remains static. So, as costs have risen and pay has lagged relative to costs, FedEx Frt. drivers have had less buying power than they did over the previous year, and every year since the purchase by FedEx. Our increasing Cost on insurance merely compounds the reduction in real value received for the service we provide. FedEx takes a pretty good price increase every year that beats inflation. We don't have that luxury.

2) In my neighborhood, the VAST majority of LTL drivers have had raises (recently?) and make significantly more, over 1$/hr more, with the exception of Vitran or the likes.

In my world 5 years without a raise is , in effect, a significant pay cut for those workers. Getting less purchasing power every year.

I had a great TM in Anaheim. Just do your job get in on time and he was a Happy Camper. The morning OM kept trying to catch me wearing my vans. When I saw him coming my way, I slipped on my safety shoes. But that just spiced thing up.

We will move up to .6725 per mile and $26.65 per hour. Oh wait I forgot we do the same job, but wear a purple uniform not brown.

As stated previosly,,, Whatever we get, the resulting raise in health insurance will take it all away AGAIN and we'll be making even less.......... sorry bout it.............