Yellow | Come On Man....Seriously?

Ha, the Morale problem is out of control , right now a guess would be that 95% of all driver's at all 4 companies , don't care anymore and even the office people & stupid-visors have given up now too !!! it is like the walking dead at work , everybody is grumpy & bitching !!! and work comp. claims are at a record setting level's !!!!
Still I see daily some of the same people with the "morale" problem that think it is perfectly ok to clock 12 hours, working maybe 6-7, and have been doing it to both Yellow and Roadway for the last 20 plus years. They claim the company owes them????

MORALE > : the feelings of enthusiasm and loyalty that a person or group has about a task or job. EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT > Emotional connection an employee feels toward his or her employment organization, which tends to influence his or her behaviors and level of effort in work related activities. The more engagement an employee has with his or her company, the more effort they put forth. Employee engagement also involves the nature of the job itself - if the employee feels mentally stimulated; the trustand communication between employees and management; ability of an employee to see how their own work contributes to the overall company performance; the opportunity of growth within the organization; and the level of pride an employee has about working or being associated with the company. :poke:
My Morale is great ! I left the company.i was embarrassed to drive the Orange truck painted green .after working for the best in the industry for years.and proud to make The Arnold's and Leedy family all the money they take to the bank!

morale sucks :wtflol:WELCH:emoticon digging:it is realy bad........ don't believe his sugar coating :busted:people outside of yrcw you made it 1000% worse with you and peirsons new pay contract

how about we get paid like are peers :6788: so thanks WELCH things are worse and slower and slower so there goes your O/R im guessing it will be 110 next time or worse............... lost total trust and faith in him:fingure: want to boost morale start by giving back are vacation and some increase in pension would be a good start towards better morale and numbers just saying:6799: plz like show WELCH YOU AGREE:6788:

5mlatPF.jpg

:chairshot:
Well money can buy food & ice cream and thats just as good !

Last edited:
Well as of last night on the dock I officially hate this place. I work hard and have all my life. No matter where I was working.
Last night we were 3 people short on ob and we had no trailers to load to... No Mt's... Two stackers 18 direct doors.... 5 people to strip tlrs. Dock was blown out. I was asked to work ot while people were taking one hour brks. Super has no balls. Only been with the company 10 months. I am sick of this place and the way it is run.... Just stupid.
I get so f n pissed off.... Can't say anything cause you just start sheet even if you are right. This company could be making money hand over fist if it was run properly. But never will be. Morale? None. Flushed along time ago. What else could I say? Nothing. It won't make any difference.
I am just amazed this place is still running.
My rant for the day.....
P S.... We are an end terminal. We are busy... Have lots of frt. No where to put it. Why?
C'mon Welch.... Or whoever. Get your sheet together. Or shut the f n doors.

Well as of last night on the dock I officially hate this place. I work hard and have all my life. No matter where I was working.
Last night we were 3 people short on ob and we had no trailers to load to... No Mt's... Two stackers 18 direct doors.... 5 people to strip tlrs. Dock was blown out. I was asked to work ot while people were taking one hour brks. Super has no balls. Only been with the company 10 months. I am sick of this place and the way it is run.... Just stupid.
I get so f n pissed off.... Can't say anything cause you just start sheet even if you are right. This company could be making money hand over fist if it was run properly. But never will be. Morale? None. Flushed along time ago. What else could I say? Nothing. It won't make any difference.
My rant for the day.....
P S.... We are an end terminal. We are busy... Have lots of frt. No where to put it. Why?

Here's a suggestion. Don't let the conditions on the job affect you the way it seems. It's not good for your health. You get paid by the hour to handle freight not to make supervisory decisions. I totally understand how you feel but don't let it get to you. My best suggestion (seriously) is if you see things that you feel are not being done in the best way, put together a good explanation (not just bitching) and send it off to upper level management via email or snail mail. Can't hurt and maybe someone will get the message if it's done in a positive way. I've found over the years that if you show some real concern about a situation and discuss it in a serious way with the right people that you can sometimes get things to change for the better.

Here's a suggestion. Don't let the conditions on the job affect you the way it seems. It's not good for your health. You get paid by the hour to handle freight not to make supervisory decisions. I totally understand how you feel but don't let it get to you. My best suggestion (seriously) is if you see things that you feel are not being done in the best way, put together a good explanation (not just bitching) and send it off to upper level management via email or snail mail. Can't hurt and maybe someone will get the message if it's done in a positive way. I've found over the years that if you show some real concern about a situation and discuss it in a serious way with the right people that you can sometimes get things to change for the better.
Where do I send it?
I can do it in a serious way.... Not bitchin. The way it is run is not right period.
I have to hold all the stress in. What good would it do to say anything to anyone up there? No good. I know its not good to hold it in but I have no choice. Jeez... All the people up there have at least 20 yrs. They know what to do. We get so much frt and it will still be there Monday when I go in. I don't listen to the Super... He's too green. I have more knowledge in my little finger. If I see a headload I load it. And so on.
I need an email Addy of someone of authority and would take it seriously. This is not ratting on Teamsters either. This is the way things are run as a whole. My common sense is being tested everyday.
Sorry if I seem to ramble. But my brain is a scramble! Need to get on with my weekend and deal with it Monday... Again.

My rant for the day.....

Lemme know how many empties you need, we got a yard full and there's drivers bobtailing outta here nightly!

Try and do what Trip suggests. Until policy changes and employee engagement resumes, you can do little to improve other than those suggestions.

You could just double the load factor...:6817:

Hell.... The TM left at 6 pm and knew we were out of Mt 'S and did nothing. He is not a stupid person. But a once a tm it's all numbers.
I don't know. I know there is nothing I can do. But do what I can... But that gets old when other people take home the same amount doing nothing. Actually it's pretty sad. I cannot do that. Makes the 8 hr day seem like 16 hrs. Some are very religious people and they don't even follow their own rule of though shall not steal.
This will never happen but if everyone went to work and did it the best they could we would be floating in dough and have our percent back.
As I see it... With the frt our terminal gets. We get alot. More than we can handle. If floats into the next day. And the next day. Surprised we even get it to the customer. Surprised we have customers at times.
Hey... It's Saturday.... Gotta go.....

Where do I send it?
I can do it in a serious way.... Not bitchin. The way it is run is not right period.
I have to hold all the stress in. What good would it do to say anything to anyone up there? No good. I know its not good to hold it in but I have no choice. Jeez... All the people up there have at least 20 yrs. They know what to do. We get so much frt and it will still be there Monday when I go in. I don't listen to the Super... He's too green. I have more knowledge in my little finger. If I see a headload I load it. And so on.
I need an email Addy of someone of authority and would take it seriously. This is not ratting on Teamsters either. This is the way things are run as a whole. My common sense is being tested everyday.
Sorry if I seem to ramble. But my brain is a scramble! Need to get on with my weekend and deal with it Monday... Again.

You could find email addresses for high level managers or send US mail explaining in the best way you can what the problem is. I would suggest doing it without complaining but with an attitude that you're really concerned and want to see an improvement for the benefit of the company. That way your input will be taken seriously. I would also suggest writing the email or letter to someone and CC'ing that persons boss. By doing that the person you send to will know that his boss is also getting a copy and he'll be more inclined to take it seriously. Let's face it, the people on top only know what their underlings are telling them and so on down the line. Providing some input this way might possibly correct some issues, you never know.

You could find email addresses for high level managers or send US mail explaining in the best way you can what the problem is. I would suggest doing it without complaining but with an attitude that you're really concerned and want to see an improvement for the benefit of the company. That way your input will be taken seriously. I would also suggest writing the email or letter to someone and CC'ing that persons boss. By doing that the person you send to will know that his boss is also getting a copy and he'll be more inclined to take it seriously. Let's face it, the people on top only know what their underlings are telling them and so on down the line. Providing some input this way might possibly correct some issues, you never know.
Will do. Straight forward no complaining. Just facts.

Where do I send it?
Your last sentence answered your question m. One thing I learned, and it took me a while is, you cannot turn it off. What I mean is, you do your job, and you do it right. You have pride in your job, and give a damn. But you also see mistakes being made , in this case by supervisors. You try to help,maybe even take a few extra stops, or break an extra trailer. But the mistakes do not change, but you still do your job right. And they know it. You swear to yourself that you are going to quit giving a rats rear of what happens at work, but you cannot turn it off. Now do like me. Make yourself a captain and coke and enjoy your day off.

Where do I send it?
They pay you for your labor not your wisdom, Just do what told and cash the check

Your last sentence answered your question m. One thing I learned, and it took me a while is, you cannot turn it off. What I mean is, you do your job, and you do it right. You have pride in your job, and give a damn. But you also see mistakes being made , in this case by supervisors. You try to help,maybe even take a few extra stops, or break an extra trailer. But the mistakes do not change, but you still do your job right. And they know it. You swear to yourself that you are going to quit giving a rats rear of what happens at work, but you cannot turn it off. Now do like me. Make yourself a captain and coke and enjoy your day off.
I keep saying I am not going to give a rats ass but I find that I just keep doing what needs to be done. I just cannot shut it off. It will be so bad on a Friday night it ruins my Saturday. Seriously. I know I have to go back to the same stupidity on Monday. I just have to voice my concerns to the right person. It cannot... Well it can.... It cannot continue like it is.
I look at it this way.... The customer pays our bills. They are who I work for. They pay me to do the right thing and I try my best. I know it sounds silly to some and they make think I am a suckbutt but I am not.
I told the TM yesterday after stripping a trlr that had two shipments on it that were not due the same day as the rest. Appointment date was not correct. First the super is supposed to check that and second the checker should have too. Just creates unnecessary work and it happens on a regular basis.
Anyways as I was taking the skids where they belonged the TM was on the dock and I said to have he may as well show Tom and Jerry cartoons in meetings because no one pays attention..... And the supers are in this meeting also.
You just gotta say WTF!

Got a chuckle out of the captain and Coke.... I was at jack in the box getting something to eat for the wife and I when I read it.
I don't drink and am surprised this place has not driven me to it!
Lol.

I keep saying I am not going to give a rats ass but I find that I just keep doing what needs to be done. I just cannot shut it off. It will be so bad on a Friday night it ruins my Saturday. Seriously. I know I have to go back to the same stupidity on Monday. I just have to voice my concerns to the right person. It cannot... Well it can.... It cannot continue like it is.
I look at it this way.... The customer pays our bills. They are who I work for. They pay me to do the right thing and I try my best. I know it sounds silly to some and they make think I am a suckbutt but I am not.
I told the TM yesterday after stripping a trlr that had two shipments on it that were not due the same day as the rest. Appointment date was not correct. First the super is supposed to check that and second the checker should have too. Just creates unnecessary work and it happens on a regular basis.
Anyways as I was taking the skids where they belonged the TM was on the dock and I said to have he may as well show Tom and Jerry cartoons in meetings because no one pays attention..... And the supers are in this meeting also.
You just gotta say WTF!
I say WTF to myself a lot too. It will happen again the next day also. I try to turn it off but find myself offering input to supers at our place too. I will say they do listen to me..............

Easy to say for a retiree

Easy to say for a retiree

Who's a retiree and what difference does it make anyway? It's just common sense isn't it? If you have no control over how things are happening you need to step back and just do your job the best you can or else you'll make your self crazy. Ever hear of the serenity prayer?

Who's a retiree and what difference does it make anyway? It's just common sense isn't it? If you have no control over how things are happening you need to step back and just do your job the best you can or else you'll make your self crazy. Ever hear of the serenity prayer?
Sure I've heard of the serenity prayer and I believe in do unto them as they have done unto me.