FedEx Freight | Company Seniority or Job Classification Seniority?

Thanks halfbreed. I of course would go back to the city until another road opening became available. However, I am not one to wait too long. Nothing against the city. But if I were forced back into the city from the road, I would likely look for employment elsewhere. The road is where I like it the most.

Handbook

Maybe some day FedEx Freight Inc will have a handbook for it's employees. Everyone has it differently. But layoffs are happening now and we need a ruling.

The drivers with the least COMPANY SENIORITY in a job class will be the first laid off.

Example, if jobbob has 10 yrs with company and is #1 on the road board, and suzyq has 11 years with the company and came to the road late and is #7 on the road board, jimbob would be layed off before suzyq because suzyq has more company seniority time than jimbob does.

Whats up with the suzyq jimbob maryellen stuff? must be a southern thing.... :chairshot::woot:

FM:biglaugh:

Does anyone know whether FedEx uses company seniority or job classification seniority for layoffs?

it goes by company seniority in that job class.for instance a road driver laid off goes to the bottom of the city not dove tailed in the same goes for a city driver he goes to the bottom of the road not in the middle.but always remember the company does what is best for them so throw the rules out.

Maybe some day FedEx Freight Inc will have a handbook for it's employees. Everyone has it differently. But layoffs are happening now and we need a ruling.

fyi, fedex had a handbook but did away with it after sherriden passed away.that is what fedex likes confusion the rules apply only to them when it fits them best u will learn

Layoffs are by company senority within the affected job class. I got that from the division HR rep.

I thought every center had a kiosk to look up information online, that's where the 'handbook' is.

So technically there could be someone above me on the road board that has less company seniority than I do and they would go first?

OK, that makes sense. There are two people above me on the road board that have less company seniority and two below me with less company seniority. So I should expect four people to be let go before me on the road board. Thanks.

ok, that makes sense. There are two people above me on the road board that have less company seniority and two below me with less company seniority. So i should expect four people to be let go before me on the road board. Thanks.

:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

Copyright 2008, FedEx Corporation. All rights reserved. The information contained herein is confidential and proprietary to FedEx Freight and its affiliates. Any unauthorized disclosure or distribution is prohibited.

don't ever post anything from the inter company website on Truckingboards again please.