Yellow | Company STUPIDITY

uncle wiggly

TB Regular
Credits
A few of us volunteered to run casual over the weekend and were flatly denied! The response on the phone went, "I have feight laying around all over the east and no drivers to go get it but I have strict instructions not to use any casuals AT ALL. Sorry." Freight to move, no drivers to move it? Drivers laid off? I really don't get what they are after. I guess they need to continue showing economic hardships in order to get somebody to feel sorry for them and approve these changes. What about the old YRC cheer, "Don't matter whats goin on boys, we need to service our customers shipments!" Note to YRC management.....It's hard to hear you when you talk out both sides of your face at once......

Don't confuse company stupidity with choices Teamsters have made. The company knows exactly what they are doing!!! The sad thing is, the union keeps on pandering to it. For those that still don't get it, you can get the concept below.

The version inscribed at the New England Holocaust Memorial in Boston, Massachusetts reads:

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Yes, I understand the quote.....but the solution to UW's problem is.......????

The solution was already voted down by a 2/3's majority, a few months ago. Some 2/3's of which are now seeing their decision bear fruit. I just think some of the 2/3rds don't like the taste of what they grew.

The solution was already voted down by a 2/3's majority, a few months ago. Some 2/3's of which are now seeing their decision bear fruit. I just think some of the 2/3rds don't like the taste of what they grew.

What article in the contract that I voted for says that I wanted them to lay people off even though we don't have enough drivers to move what we have? What NEW article expressly allows them to do it?

You may not like the contract, but I fail to see what that has to do with these layoffs. You don't actually think that if we voted it down we wouldn't be going through them do you?

My point is simply this, the two issues are completely different. Whether or not we screwed ourselves with this contract remains to be seen.

What article in the contract that I voted for says that I wanted them to lay people off even though we don't have enough drivers to move what we have? What NEW article expressly allows them to do it?

You may not like the contract, but I fail to see what that has to do with these layoffs. You don't actually think that if we voted it down we wouldn't be going through them do you?

My point is simply this, the two issues are completely different. Whether or not we screwed ourselves with this contract remains to be seen.

Can you say Shiny Wheels???

The article that sent the rail freight that LCP and CVE used to process and transport to the Chicago railyards, both directions. Glenmore now has it. But they are hiring Yellow and Roadway employees to work it!!! We can all get jobs there now!!! :1036316054:

I'm sure they'll be happy to exhaust their percentage over the busy part of the year and let the 70% or 80% of Roadway and Yellow hub employees left active work it during the winter.

It just occurred to me how hard it will be for those from LCP who survive at Carlisle. GM's terminal is gonna be sitting there for them to watch our work pass through every day.

i don't know how well I could stomach that. I've already got a bitter taste in my mouth.

The article that sent the rail freight that LCP and CVE used to process and transport to the Chicago railyards, both directions. Glenmore now has it. But they are hiring Yellow and Roadway employees to work it!!! We can all get jobs there now!!! :1036316054:

I'm sure they'll be happy to exhaust their percentage over the busy part of the year and let the 70% or 80% of Roadway and Yellow hub employees left active work it during the winter.
Now I get where your coming from. That part does hit you all harder than others.

Now I get where your coming from. That part does hit you all harder than others.

The contract is just too vague:hide:this is just the beginning ..I believe old yella is going to test a whole lot of things:hide: that they think they will get away with:chairshot:

No Shiny Wheels While We Got Drivers Laid-Off!

:chairshot:San Antonio would be a good place for Tyson to clarify not just the change of ops, but also the 4 hour casuals, utility driver utilization, and "shiny wheels"! It's time once and for all to expose YRC Logistics and the use of USF Glen Moore while we have drivers laid off! Tyson should put his foot down and get these drivers called back and/or offered a transfer before he let's any "shiny wheels" pull ANY of our freight!

Don't confuse company stupidity with choices Teamsters have made. The company knows exactly what they are doing!!! The sad thing is, the union keeps on pandering to it.

Their good at what they do and know how to do it, unfortunately. (not talking about moving freight either)

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

One of my favorite poems. Did you know that this was written in the order ಠ▄ಠ and the (⊙▃⊙)'s operated in to gain control of power over the people? Anyhow, very nice.... :shades:

Excellent observation you make there. Today a dock worker said to Dock Supervisor Craig H. (LCP), so how do you think things will go with all of these changes that are coming. His reply, those changes are all but done now and they will not effect me at all, because I am a supervisor. But for you guys, I'm not sure whats going to happen there.

He said that without much thought, but I think it was a little telling. Once again VWAGS, excellent observation!

It's all a coo.

U guy's have talked about yrc stupidity and
in other treads how yrc officials are saying
there's a economic slump (low freight) which
is a farst. Look at ups frt,conway @fed frt etc there hiring all over & getting good frt.
It's all a coo againts the Teamster brother-
hood to keep us out of there pocket as much
as posible.The frt is out there, member's R
ready to go to work & get very competitive
with the comp as yrc stress in the velocity
change.Yrc is thinking long term, I feel there
planing major coo's againt the brotherhood
mostly.Think about it!:furious:

Supervisor in LCP thinks this won't affect him? Ask him how well he will be paid if they get all parttimers in there. The now retired GOM at my terminal said it best "the more you guys get paid (teamsters ) the more I get paid"

vwaggs, I admit I don't know how your Road Board works. But it seems you're hooking together things that aren't related, as Flattop says. IF your issue is freight sitting, then Glen Moore isn't hauling it, or it wouldn't be sitting. IF your issue is Glen Moore, then the freight would be gone; moved down the road. The two just don't seem to go together.

Now, if your issue is being laid off-- then you've got a point. But it's their company/their jobs-- we're just along for the ride while it lasts.....

Frustrating, ain't it? I feel your pain, as Big Bill says. I keep an updated list of 6-8 potential jobs, just in case. I've been on the wrong end way too many times....

vwaggs, I admit I don't know how your Road Board works. But it seems you're hooking together things that aren't related, as Flattop says. IF your issue is freight sitting, then Glen Moore isn't hauling it, or it wouldn't be sitting. IF your issue is Glen Moore, then the freight would be gone; moved down the road. The two just don't seem to go together.

Now, if your issue is being laid off-- then you've got a point. But it's their company/their jobs-- we're just along for the ride while it lasts.....

Frustrating, ain't it? I feel your pain, as Big Bill says. I keep an updated list of 6-8 potential jobs, just in case. I've been on the wrong end way too many times....

The reference UncleWiggly made to freight sitting around was a road reference. He said that dispatch said
"I have feight laying around all over the east and no drivers to go get it but I have strict instructions not to use any casuals AT ALL. Sorry."

If they use hub drivers. They send them out with freight and return them with freight. If they minimize usuage of hub drivers, they utilize EOL road drivers. By sending the EOL road drivers out, the EOL is out of drivers, which triggers the Shiny Wheel provisions. CVE is doing the same thing.

As I said before, when ranting at contract time, if you take the Shiny Wheel
provision, along with Tysons notes on it, you can extrapolate NO PERCENTAGE LIMIT, when this condition exists. This creates a situation where we will all be long gone, before the union could even begin to collect the info and determine they actually did this and dispute the language.

I don't know if this will help but I just came in Saturday around noon and the dispatcher said that He had only 9 drivers available between noon and midnight and that CDO called and wanted 16 KCM's run with only nine drivers ? All this after having laid off again in STL last week 7 drivers got their notices after being called back for about a month.?

I think its pretty simple and the exception is UPS. If you want to be a Teamster, become a nurse, teacher, police officer, etc. Do not get into the freight business and/or become a driver. Personally, I think the Teamsters are just moving on in other fields of interest. :shrug:

hole.h2.jpg

big pill to swallow.

Yes in deed it's a big pill to swallow & frustrating! But I'm going to make the
most of the lay-off @ yellow. Usf in EVV,In
is hiring local cartage drvr I'll dip from both
yrcw companies.:funky: