Yellow | compete with non union companies

wild deuce

TB Veteran
Credits
the reason (we are given) for the largest change in yellow's history is that the non union companies we compete with are tatooing are arses. this is definitely true in the economy. they provide thier share holders with a larger margin of profit. if any teamster has a 401k we can appreciate this because we in fact own shares of these non union companies. (my portfolio thanks them). since i am a teamster but also a shareholder i can appreciate this but i can also sleep at night knowing that i own yellow stock and that the yellow drivers (me included) are setting the pay scales that these non union drivers are enjoying. Our customers are paying our way folks. lets not forget them either.

it's time

the reason (we are given) for the largest change in yellow's history is that the non union companies we compete with are tatooing are arses. this is definitely true in the economy. they provide thier share holders with a larger margin of profit. if any teamster has a 401k we can appreciate this because we in fact own shares of these non union companies. (my portfolio thanks them). since i am a teamster but also a shareholder i can appreciate this but i can also sleep at night knowing that i own yellow stock and that the yellow drivers (me included) are setting the pay scales that these non union drivers are enjoying. Our customers are paying our way folks. lets not forget them either.
it's time we started kicking non union's arses.

Interesting said and noted. However, if Yellow is going to kick non-union arses.........better start with service.

It's the can do attitude that separates us from the non-union. Well I guess it's time for us to quit complaining about not doing things to just doing them to protect our customer base. I am referring to drivers who say " I am not doing that because I'm union, and I don't have to." Well if you want to keep your jobs better start getting your hands dirty.

I agree with each and every one of these comments so far. I would like to add this, which is what I have been saying for over 20 years..... The key is ORGANIZING.

When was the last time a major carrier was organized? If we don't start getting the competition to play on the higher lever (pay and benefits) it is just a matter of time until we are forced to play at their (lower) level. These levels might not appear to be that much different right now, but keep watching and you will see more and more give-backs.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Hey Glad..........UPS Freight was a start. I have heard from some of those guys that other non union truckers like OD and FedEx have been asking questions. It also depends on us to talk up the union to the drivers and not set back and complain about what we have or don't have...........just my 2 cents. DS.

it's time we started kicking non union's arses.

I TOTALLY agree. We must pick up the freight on time, deliver the freight on time, deliver the entire shipment as shipped and then invoice correctly. We need to charge for everything we do - weight and special services. After that, sales has to make the deals.

The non-unions are trying to do this too. We just have to be better, faster, smarter and nicer. I fundamentally believe that this is the advantage that a professional, stable, dedicated and unionized workforce gives to YRC.

A lot of the posters right here, while they talk a good Union game, are our own worst enemies as far as organizing is concerned. The non Union Companies can print these comments which blast the Teamsters day in and day out and show them at their anti-Union meetings. And the same whiners will then blast the Teamsters for not organizing. I'm not talking about GladtobnGar either. These posters who always run down the Union who got them everything that's good about their jobs either don't know or worse, don't care about the damage they're doing in the organizing efforts. Yes, things are happening that we may not like but they're necessary for the survival of the few Union Carriers that are left. To remain the same would have been to die a slow death whether some will admit it or not. The contract was ratified....the COO's were approved....it's time to accept this and sack up and get over it.....it's coming. All the crying in the world won't change that fact. Like always, we are protected by the NMFA as far as moving goes. This wasn't the first COO and it won't be the last....in fact there are 2 more to be announced in the not too distant future. And think about what you post before you post it....you might be the reason some non Union guy decides to stay non Union.

I TOTALLY agree. We must pick up the freight on time, deliver the freight on time, deliver the entire shipment as shipped and then invoice correctly. We need to charge for everything we do - weight and special services. After that, sales has to make the deals.

The non-unions are trying to do this too. We just have to be better, faster, smarter and nicer. I fundamentally believe that this is the advantage that a professional, stable, dedicated and unionized workforce gives to YRC.
Thank you! Lets face it, there is a reason why customers pay for our service! We are BETTER at it and they know it!!! Keep up the good work guys!! When I get home after a long night I have no regrets of the job I did while most of America slept. I count on the rest of the co. to do the same!! City, Office, Management? ok maybe not all!:biglaugh:

What sets us apart is we can work together because brown-nosing doesn't count as much as seniority. Many non-union workers are cut- throat and a bunch of individuals can't compete with a team( of teamsters). If the guy next to you needs help, help them. When you need help they will help you.

I agree with each and every one of these comments so far. I would like to add this, which is what I have been saying for over 20 years..... The key is ORGANIZING.

When was the last time a major carrier was organized? If we don't start getting the competition to play on the higher lever (pay and benefits) it is just a matter of time until we are forced to play at their (lower) level. These levels might not appear to be that much different right now, but keep watching and you will see more and more give-backs.

Just my $0.02 worth.
The last three contracts have had givebacks. Right to strike, innocent until proven guilty, and the last pos contract.:chairshot:

Than turn the trucks back up!:hysterical: